EagLeTaLoN

persistence not working?

Okay I own my own private shard and for some reason our tents are disappearing and the backpacks we place out are all gone....anyone else seeing this? 

Funnily enough, I had a loot stash survive the Wednesday maintenance last week! I guess it depends on the server?

Funnily enough, I had a loot stash survive the Wednesday maintenance last week! I guess it depends on the server?

No, there simply was no persistance reset last week.

Its strangely the second time this has happened.  And i am aware of the Wednesday resets....

it seems like every 3 days or so the loot table is reset.  I am contacting Vilayer to see if I am supposed to do regular back ups. 

Just saying that either it's working, not working, or has bugs - all understatements.

This feature holy pisses me off, simply because there has been and still is hardly no dev information coming forth about it.

GSP's say anything to pacify and close support queries.  DevTeam - GSP communication? Take a guess. Nothing is uniform to date.

I'll add my wiggle again though. What the fuck is going on or shaping up, what is persistence system data looking like internally, and what/when will the community receive updates on it?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe I should've just said:  Yeah man, my stuff randomly disappears too. 

As in not one or a few things, but everything that was ever placed anywhere by anybody -

A.K.A. crashes

But sometimes, persistence doesn't even really 'crash/reset'... sometimes it takes a step or 2 backwards.

Example? 

Tents that were deployed will be packed up, sitting there, a couple hours later after a restart.

Some items placed in one location will teleport back to a previous location.

Various other oddities that will just be ignored. Don't say it's player interaction/theft, yada yada, just STFU.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Making feedback tickets doesn't get you anywhere.  At this point it's like a 'GSP says it's the devs' & 'devs say its the GSP' type of stalemate.

Everybody knows it's in development, hell so is every other feature.  But persistence needs to get some spotlight shined on it so somebody will shit out some details.

Not only tents and current items, but also vehicles and future features all depend on persistence in some fashion.

Too many people think persistence is just about how you get loot.  Newsflash bitches, it's tied to everything 'immersive' or continuous about this game in the coming months.

We apparently see what's been worked on during the last few months of 'dev-blogging'... but I haven't seen shit about persistence or status about an impactful gameworld being priority. 

They could say it's placeholder, say it's in the new tech, say peanut butter jelly time with a wiffle ball bat comming soonTM.  Just put something of substance after that first something.

Bohemia isn't Blizzard.  90% of the people that are going to buy the Standalone, have probably already bought it, so information on core features isn't the devil.

Unless the team traded the devil they knew for the one they didn't.  Oh wait...

• Like 1

Just saying that either it's working, not working, or has bugs - all understatements.

This feature holy pisses me off, simply because there has been and still is hardly no dev information coming forth about it.

GSP's say anything to pacify and close support queries.  DevTeam - GSP communication? Take a guess. Nothing is uniform to date.

I'll add my wiggle again though. What the fuck is going on or shaping up, what is persistence system data looking like internally, and what/when will the community receive updates on it?

Maybe I should've just said:  Yeah man, my stuff randomly disappears too. 

As in not one or a few things, but everything that was ever placed anywhere by anybody -

A.K.A. crashes

But sometimes, persistence doesn't even really 'crash/reset'... sometimes it takes a step or 2 backwards.

Example? 

Tents that were deployed will be packed up, sitting there, a couple hours later after a restart.

Some items placed in one location will teleport back to a previous location.

Various other oddities that will just be ignored. Don't say it's player interaction/theft, yada yada, just STFU.

Making feedback tickets doesn't get you anywhere.  At this point it's like a 'GSP says it's the devs' & 'devs say its the GSP' type of stalemate.

Everybody knows it's in development, hell so is every other feature.  But persistence needs to get some spotlight shined on it so somebody will shit out some details.

Not only tents and current items, but also vehicles and future features all depend on persistence in some fashion.

Too many people think persistence is just about how you get loot.  Newsflash bitches, it's tied to everything 'immersive' or continuous about this game in the coming months.

We apparently see what's been worked on during the last few months of 'dev-blogging'... but I haven't seen shit about persistence or status about an impactful gameworld being priority. 

They could say it's placeholder, say it's in the new tech, say peanut butter jelly time with a wiffle ball bat comming soonTM.  Just put something of substance after that first something.

Bohemia isn't Blizzard.  90% of the people that are going to buy the Standalone, have probably already bought it, so information on core features isn't the devil.

Unless the team traded the devil they knew for the one they didn't.  Oh wait...

I can't agree enough. If it was one thing that mattered it is Persistance. I would take working persistance over a truck any day. 

You cant enjoy the game much when your clan tent disappears every restart...