Nebo NZ

So I think I killed a Hacker

Got into a firefight in Stary Sobor on NZ10 at around 10PM. 2v3.

Took out 2 guys with my M107 and my friend killed another.

I looted the bodies to find a Sa-58 CCO. I was freaking out because I have never seen this gun before and I automatically assumed this was super rare, so I opened up the wiki and to my surprise it wasn't there.

So did I just pick up a hacked weapon? Or is this legitimately in the mod iteslf.

Probably, the best way to dispose it is to kill a zombie, give the gun to the corpse then hide body.

Probably' date=' the best way to dispose it is to kill a zombie, give the gun to the corpse then hide body.

[/quote']

So it is a hacked weapon?

KillZone96EN' pid='224435' dateline='1341140126']

Yes it is a hacked weapon.

So do I get in trouble for having it? Even though I looted it from a body

I'll post his name when my friend uploads the footage later on because It was some weird name that I didnt take note of.

I'll post his name when my friend uploads the footage later on because It was some weird name that I didnt take note of.

Just because you looted it from him doesn't mean that he was the one hacking it into the game. He could've killed someone and looted it himself.

So I wouldn't "name and shame" him.

And from what I've read, you're allowed to use the weapon if you looted it and did not hack it yourself.

Just because you looted it from him doesn't mean that he was the one hacking it into the game. He could've killed someone and looted it himself.

So I wouldn't "name and shame" him.

And from what I've read' date=' you're allowed to use the weapon if you looted it and did not hack it yourself.

[/quote']

Well yeah that's why I said I think I killed a hacker, Im just posting his name because hes the one who had it, and then maybe a mod could investigate further into where he got it from and etc.

^ is this for real? Wouldn't this create a universe of unintentional weapons set out by the developer? Or does it not matter cause this is only Alpha :P

Well yeah I've read of people using scrips to spawn prohibited vehicles and such.

Okay and not to mention on this said server is has never been night-time, usually around sunset in game it just occasionally goes dark then bright again. Can the servers be programmed to be daytime only?

Oh and about the Russian hackers, my friend was being slayed in debug forest by one for like 20 mins lol

Even if the person you found it on did find it for every weapon you pick up it is logged and it is very easily seen my the admins of the server and the dev's if they wish. If you are seen in the log with a hacked weapon, you may very well be banned and also if it is an exclusive weapon ie no ammo spawns for it or a similar round, then your not going to find ammunition for it anyways. So just put it on a zombie body, and hide the body it's the best thing to do maybe do a salute if your sad... etc. then move on.