Sign in to follow this  
thechris80

Arma 2 works fine but DayZ SA lags like hell

Hey guys.

I wonder that Arma 2 works fine but DayZ SA Stutters in same City like Hell bcoz both are using the same engine and nearly same map.

A firefight i would lose bcoz i am not able to aim due heavy FPS Problems.

Things i already Tried.

My Arma 2 settings. = Nothing better.

Very Low Settings = Still lagging

Ultra settings = Diashow ^^

Different Start Parameters Combinded = No

Different Mallocs Compiled by my own system and used = Nothing better.

On Land or Forest it works fine and i come over 70 FPS while in huge cities i only get average 20 fps.

System Specs :

Windows 8.1 Pro

AMD 4300 FX @ 3.80 GHZ

Geforce 560 GTX

I am out of ideas.

Does anyone what i can do ?

Thanks in Advance.

greetings
Chris

Hi.

Too be honest, ArmA 2 and DayZ: Standalone are both completely different games on (sorta) different engines. The only thing I can suggest is getting a better CPU or waiting for the game to get ported to the new engine!

~Gabe

• Like 1

Hey TheChris,

would love to help you here, but it's the game and the state of development it's in. First it's not optimized. That's actually the last big task during game development ( as you don't optimize what is not finished ) and will most likely happen in beta. Plus, the game is still running it's graphics on the old renderer, which doesn't get much love dev-side because they are about to replace it with a new renderer during Q1 2015 ( as you don't optimize what you will replace later anyway ).

And no, ArmA2 and DayZ are not on the same engine. The entire point of the Standalone project was to get rid of the limitations by the ArmA2 engine. However, coding a new engine is not a question of weeks, it's still a work in progress and most modules are not ready for a release, so we play on old tech or placeholder systems. Patience is the key here.

• Like 1

First off: It's early access so you should have expected this.

Second: The DayZ standalone engine is basically a whole new variation of the ARMA engine but is still finished.

Third: Noone's PC will run DayZ Maximum settings at 60FPS, Unless you sunk a LOT of money into an OVERKILL pc rig.

• Like 1

ArmA II is a completely different engine from DayZ Standalone, and ArmA II is not early access, it's complete. 

DayZ Standalone is basically ArmA III with zombies, and it's not complete.

They're gonna be going to a new engine, so maybe then we'll get good frames...

• Like 1

Hi.

Too be honest, ArmA 2 and DayZ: Standalone are both completely different games on (sorta) different engines. The only thing I can suggest is getting a better CPU or waiting for the game to get ported to the new engine!

~Gabe

I never thought that DayZ is so much different. I thought its the mod who simply is an SA. But ok i do not look much about Backgroundinfo.

Hey TheChris,

would love to help you here, but it's the game and the state of development it's in. First it's not optimized. That's actually the last big task during game development ( as you don't optimize what is not finished ) and will most likely happen in beta. Plus, the game is still running it's graphics on the old renderer, which doesn't get much love dev-side because they are about to replace it with a new renderer during Q1 2015 ( as you don't optimize what you will replace later anyway ).

And no, ArmA2 and DayZ are not on the same engine. The entire point of the Standalone project was to get rid of the limitations by the ArmA2 engine. However, coding a new engine is not a question of weeks, it's still a work in progress and most modules are not ready for a release, so we play on old tech or placeholder systems. Patience is the key here.

Fix the Performance at last step makes really sense. ;)

For me as Musican is Mastering the last step too.

Anyway thanks you for the try.

First off: It's early access so you should have expected this.

Second: The DayZ standalone engine is basically a whole new variation of the ARMA engine but is still finished.

Third: Noone's PC will run DayZ Maximum settings at 60FPS, Unless you sunk a LOT of money into an OVERKILL pc rig.

1. Im sorry but i can not hear this anymore but it seems to be the universal Answer for all Problems in this game. I thought any People in here has a Solution for me :)

3. I never wanted to play this game on ultra , even Arma 2 does not run smooth if i set everything on Maximum.I play DayZ like Arma on Medium and high except. some settings i do not like. (makes no difference if i set these switches lower )

If i find a Solution i will post it here. Maybe it gets Pinned so everyone benefits from it.

Regards

Chris

Edited by TheChris