Sign in to follow this  
Blazing87

How many Trucks on one server?

Im running and running for hours,where are the damn trucks?

I tryed the map location for the trucks(DayzTVmap) where they spawn but no luck.WTF?.

What you mean with "only a few" im sick of running around :(

There are 3 V3Ss on every server, and they are not persistent.

What you mean with "only a few" im sick of running around :(

You are aware that this game is not going to be played like GTA, right?  The vehicle we have now eventually will need parts to even get it running which means you will still be doing a lot of walking around and trying to, ahem, survive.  Right now we as players have it extremely easy with how the game works.  Zombies are a joke, survival is a joke but all of that is going to slowly get harder and more grueling so you should ask yourself, is this the game for you?  Can you handle playing for days finally getting some decent gear, parts for a vehicle only to have it all taken from you with a single bullet.  What about not finding the right clothes to keep yourself warm and you freeze to death?  Can you handle all that?  That's not including getting sick, starving because you can't find food, getting eaten by infected, players wanting to eat you.  DayZ is only going to get harder so be prepared.  

Edited by Caboose187
  • Like 4

You are aware that this game is not going to be played like GTA, right?  The vehicle we have now eventually will need parts to even get it running which means you will still be doing a lot of walking around and trying to, ahem, survive.  Right now we as players have it extremely easy with how the game works.  Zombies are a joke, survival is a joke but all of that is going to slowly get harder and more grueling so you should ask yourself, is this the game for you?  Can you handle playing for days finally getting some decent gear, parts for a vehicle only to have it all taken from you with a single bullet.  What about not finding the right clothes to keep yourself warm and you freeze to death?  Can you handle all that?  That's not including getting sick, starving because you can't find food, getting eaten by infected, players wanting to eat you.  DayZ is only going to get harder so be prepared.  

Im prepared like a boss,was going to die today because i had no water...the screen was flickerin like hell and cant see shit..in the end i found a pipsi but i was cloose to die:D.10 min later a waterpump to drink.It took me some time to regain full health.

Its becoming harder and i like it,your right at that point.

Followed a surviver.He startet eating a zucchini with a mosin in his backback..i have a mosin too...what to do?talk to him and maybe get shot and then eaten in human fillets?Or kill him and survive my dayz?I gave him a headshot with my 1911 and the zucchini fall to the ground,no pulse.r.i.p. I can handle .

Only 3V3Ss...is this a joke? At least 6 or 7^

Im prepared like a boss,was going to die today because i had no water...the screen was flickerin like hell and cant see shit..in the end i found a pipsi but i was cloose to die:D.10 min later a waterpump to drink.It took me some time to regain full health.

Its becoming harder and i like it,your right at that point.

Followed a surviver.He startet eating a zucchini with a mosin in his backback..i have a mosin too...what to do?talk to him and maybe get shot and then eaten in human fillets?Or kill him and survive my dayz?I gave him a headshot with my 1911 and the zucchini fall to the ground,no pulse.r.i.p. I can handle .

Only 3V3Ss...is this a joke? At least 6 or 7^

Not a joke? There are only 3 of them. Wait...are you saying you want 6 or 7? I'm confused.  :(

On experimental last week there was 20 vehicles per server. Not sure if this has changed. Found a five or six. Had two at one time for a short while. 

Not a joke? There are only 3 of them. Wait...are you saying you want 6 or 7? I'm confused.  :(

Yes 6 or 7 is ok i think.But only 3 on a 50Player server is a bit too low.Maybe they will increase them in future.

Yes 6 or 7 is ok i think.But only 3 on a 50Player server is a bit too low.Maybe they will increase them in future.

Most likely not but other vehicles will be added, cars, bikes, scooters, hopefully some tractors but as I stated above by this point the mechanics should be in for vehicle repair so you won't just find one and hop in and go vroom.

• Like 1

Most likely not but other vehicles will be added, cars, bikes, scooters, hopefully some tractors but as I stated above by this point the mechanics should be in for vehicle repair so you won't just find one and hop in and go vroom.

Yes of course,found a tank with benzin or what that was to fill in a car or truck. :)Its becoming better and better in time.

I thought it was 4 per server, at any rate it isn't very many.  You are right they are not persistent and so spawn like heli crash sites.  They also have NO storage space.

Yes of course,found a tank with benzin or what that was to fill in a car or truck. :)Its becoming better and better in time.

That is what it is for, right now the only maintenance you can do is refuel the truck.  Try setting one out in the road as bait to ambush the guy who stops to take it.  People can be wicked stupid.

Edited by Barnabus

Mmmmm I think 5 is ok, no more and no less. ^-^

I thought it was 4 per server, at any rate it isn't very many.  You are right they are not persistent and so spawn like heli crash sites.  They also have NO storage space.

That is what it is for, right now the only maintenance you can do is refuel the truck.  Try setting one out in the road as bait to ambush the guy who stops to take it.  People can be wicked stupid.

No, it's 3. :P

I'm thinking 1....2 at most per server for the V3S come full release. Maybe 15-20 vehicles max per server, including land sea and air, rest should all be wrecks....maybe that we can salvage a part from or something, but not drivable ones. 6-7 of 1 vehicle sounds crazy to me.

Maybe for testing yeah throw some more in, maybe even enough to represent the total vehicle count. Then as development goes on each V3S could be replaced by the new vehicle out, and have its spawn changed. Then we slowly transition to a full vehicle list over time and the devs get stress test data running the right amount of vehicles per server :)