Sign in to follow this  
Tabor

Character respawning

I think it would be a good idea to take away the ability to kill yourself and to re-spawn immediately for favorable location spawns. while I am playing and I die I kill myself over and over to find a better location to re-spawn. I notice this occurs almost all the time with everyone that dies as well.

If this option was taken away it makes the surviving experience more realistic and more intense for those who have to travel further to get to their favorite hunting grounds. This will also increase the life expectancy of the average player count that you have posted on the front page instead of being 31 minutes.

I dont think those lives are taken into accountability. Your suggestion is good and may be implemented in further patches im sure of it :)

I agree something has to be done but what? maybe you have to wait a long time before respawning on the same server if you die? like 30 mins?

I dunno... I think the re spawn thing fits well, maybe my character lost his son, and is so torn up about it he decided to commit suicide?....seems to work lol

I agree.

On top of that I would also like to see an enforced respawn timer.

Its would be another mechanic to make it feel more important not to die. If I had to wait an hour before I could start playing again I think i'd be less reckless.