Sign in to follow this  
autolicus

server restarts

ok i know the server restarts are there to help but could you guys somehow before you restart them give a person some sorta of warning.

when you lose connection doing something it would be nice to leave yourself exposed giving warning of restart you can run away and hide

Might help your cause if you mention what server so its server admin can implement warnings. I know a lot of admins who do already, including myself.

It may have been a crash too, I wouldn't rule that out.

I was playing on AZ1 when the server restarted.

it was an expert server but for some reason, when i relogged, the name changed from AZ1 to US57 AZ1 along with all the difficulty settings off.

I wanted to leave the server since it wasn't expert anymore but since i have vehicles on it, i have to stay.

It's ridiculous, i could see my UAZ through tags from 1km away.

I always warn my players before a restart and suggest them to get out of cars, save them and their tents.

Except it crashes of course but then we can't do anything about it.

Is there a way to set up a automatic warning?

I currently give a warning at 5 mins before, then every minute until my last warning at 30 secs before I restart.

However that's only good if I'm online at the time of the auto restart.

I'd like to be able to set it up so it every 28770 (=7 hours, 59 minutes and 30 secs) seconds is gives a '30 seconds until restart' warning.

can you announce restart from within server admin panel or do you have to log in and do it from within the server?