Sign in to follow this  
Wakanoid

Surrender/Hands up?

Just recently thought of the idea of having a gesture where you can put your hands up in the air to perhaps surrender or show that you are unarmed? Good idea? :)

You can put ur hands behind ur head already

Check ur contorl keys bro

You can put ur hands behind ur head already

Check ur contorl keys bro

SERIOUS? How, that's sick, haha.

I quickly tested this in SP.

IT ONLY SEEMS TO WORK WITHOUT AT LEAST A PRIMARY EQUIPPED, otherwise the animation plays for about 0.5 seconds before pulling the weapon (assault rifle in SP) again. Dunno how that behaves with a secondary.

Without any weapon equipped (apart from grenades) the animation worked, or was in a loop to be precise.

I suggest all to bind this, you never know when you may need this!

now all we need is a mechanic where in some situations it would be better for some one just to rob people and tell them to put their hands behind their head then it would be to just kill them and take everything.

That depends on the players themselves for now, mostly. But you may come into such a situation, so better have that bind ready :D

Just recently thought of the idea of having a gesture where you can put your hands up in the air to perhaps surrender or show that you are unarmed? Good idea? :)

M&B: Napoleonic Warfare FTW!

I like the idea. People without mics have a hard time expressing their surrender...I son't know if this would work, but perhaps you could tweak the parachute animations from ArmA to save labor? I think we could use that, and a way you sling your primary weapon like you do when you draw your pistol. If there's a way to do that, I haben't found it.

Well, there's already plenty of sources you could get a surrender animation from. Plenty of Arma mods have it.