You should get to know who killed you, and it should also get broadcasted to all the other players as well.

Mostly, I'm just tied of people killing me, at spawn and shouting into the mic "Take that fag, or you mad gay noobet" etc etc, I'd at least like to be able to report them if I'm forced to listen to them

All this will do is devolve it even more to a game of rage revenge killing and player hunting. Yes Dying sucks but its a part of the game be it death by player or zombie or natural causes.

Aratar has a point, plus you have the problem of having someone defend themself, but the rest of the server sees:

Zeromentor Killed Johny123

Now I look like a bandit, when I just killed a sniper that couldn't aim. I'm guessing that isn't what you are aiming for?

So, if revenge killing happens the person who started shooting people gets killed, and they got what was coming to them. This has already devolved into people hunting other players, just to try and ruin another's fun and now that they removed your startign weapon, you can't even attempt to start to fight back at spawn. So really, knowing who is out there well help alot, and allow for better reporting of people abusing the game/ exploting to get painpills and bandages. Hell I can't even choose to spawn in a different location, if the game wants to drop me in the same spot ten times I don't even get a chance to try and spot people I just get to die, at spawn, without being able to try and defend myself.

More so I'd like a

"You were killed by 'playername'"

Then what you said, reasonable players would see things as

player1 killed player2

player 1 killed player3

player1 killed player4

well we know now that player1 is not to be trusted

NOOOO!!! bad. very bad idea. it's the not knowing peoples intentions that creates such an awesome dynamic between players. The bad guys need a way to stay anonymous. plus it keeps the mystery of how people actually died.

And if player1 was ambushed by three players?

The player1 probably would have died but there would not be a much time interval between kills. Not to mention you would seen the name showing up as being a killer' date=' A LOT more then just 3 times if you been playing for a little bit.

NOOOO!!! bad. very bad idea. it's the not knowing peoples intentions that creates such an awesome dynamic between players. The bad guys need a way to stay anonymous. plus it keeps the mystery of how people actually died.

If people played as I might stab you in the back, or I might help you, then if would not be needed, but since this game is about COD spray everyone you see, it might as well say who is killing who just the same, there is really no players who well team up with anyone, why? cause you cannot trust anyone, this at least puts in people to having to think about times to kill people while they sleep.

If people played as I might stab you in the back' date=' or I might help you, then if would not be needed, but since this game is about COD spray everyone you see, it might as well say who is killing who just the same, there is really no players who well team up with anyone, why? cause you cannot trust anyone, this at least puts in people to having to think about times to kill people while they sleep.

[/quote']

but at least you leave it up to the player. you're not supposed to be able to trust people. that's the whole point. if you take the anonymity away you will know who you can and can't trust instantly thereby destroying the whole dynamic. Trust should be earned just like it would be in this theoretical real life situation. This whole game is like an experiment of human trust. Besides if you trust no one, it shouldn't matter who killed you since you'll be shooting everyone on sight anyway. everyone will die as soon as you see them. right?

but at least you leave it up to the player. you're not supposed to be able to trust people. that's the whole point. if you take the anonymity away you will know who you can and can't trust instantly thereby destroying the whole dynamic. Trust should be earned just like it would be in this theoretical real life situation. This whole game is like an experiment of human trust. Besides if you trust no one' date=' it shouldn't matter who killed you since you'll be shooting everyone on sight anyway. everyone will die as soon as you see them. right?

[/quote']

I have yet to actually kill a player when I see them, unless they are that one guy who i sat and watched open fire and three people who where trying to get to the hospital, yet, I shot that guy good, my my little over watch nest.

IF you end up a sever with me, If I see you, most likely your see me say Hi, or say hiding behind that rock wouldn't have helped you by now, I'm obviously friendly or my most common one "Oh god keep running you got about 30 behind you"

I would at least like the cause to be able to give people trust rather then be, this is a guy in the area where i died, -kill him-

Knowing the name of my killer allows for the game not to be "I died, time to kill everyone"

I killed 5 survivors that attacked our camp (I was the only one there as my pal just disconnected prior to this), they were shooting and at least one frag grenade landed amongst our tents (two went down, bastards!).

I proceeded to take them out, one at a time, with my M14. First one, then another, circled round and came up behind the last three and shot them in the back of their heads.

With this suggestion, it would have looked like a total murder rampage on my part, since they didn't kill anybody. It was however IMO a justified self/camp defense (our camp is *in* the map and not too hard to find).

I killed 5 survivors that attacked our camp (I was the only one there as my pal just disconnected prior to this)' date=' they were shooting and at least one frag grenade landed amongst our tents (two went down, bastards!).

I proceeded to take them out, one at a time, with my M14. First one, then another, circled round and came up behind the last three and shot them in the back of their heads.

With this suggestion, it would have looked like a total murder rampage on my part, since they didn't kill anybody. It was however IMO a justified self/camp defense (our camp is *in* the map and not too hard to find).

[/quote']

Like the title is "Who killed me" it does not need to display everyone who gets killed, I'd like to display who shot me so I know to avoid them.

But like a started earlier, if your name shows up twenty times within an hour, killing completely different people, then most likely no one should be trusting you. While as a burst of names and then nothing is more of a did he, or did he defend himself feeling.