wasrad

My list of badass ideas: Power station repair,crafting,teams

So here are some things I have been thinking about that would add to the game.

1. The ability to use the powerplants and substations. Most of the work has already been done and I am sure loyalguard would be more than willing to help and share his code. This would add on a whole new element to the game and make nighttime a bit more playable....once everything got fixed...and was protected.

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=1434

2. The ability to get the train working! Again, most the work has already been done! There is not a lot of track on chenarus and it kind of goes off the map but this would make for some interesting scenarios. www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2vsilkiSWE

3. 1 or 2 artillery pieces. This would be exceptionally useful with all the zombies. Obviously there are several mods already done to implement a decent arty system. Make the parts and ammo rare like with vehicles. With limited amounts of ammo, it would cause the groups that get it built to be very sparing. It would be badass to shell a zed and/or bandit infested town before going in.

4. A couple more military vehicles would be nice. A HMMWV with CROWS would be bad ass...a BMP or bradley would be awesome as well. Also, rebel vehicles like technicals

5. Crafting. See the zarglife mod for examples of this. Have areas what have resources that need to be harvested and certain areas where crafting can be done. Crafting stations would require power to the town that it is located in. Crafting times should also be implemented and maybe even a way of leveling up crafting skills. If you die you lose your crafting skills, so the other players would have to protect their crafters. Crafting stations for certain items should be randomly spawned at the start of each game.

6. Airdrops/strikes/reinforcemnts? See below for each class

7. Maybe have distinct teams? I get that the idea right now is to just kind fo go along with your own story, so to speak...but maybe have a civ team, a bandit team and a military team...and now that I think of it..why not zeds? I guess you could maybe play off of the humanity system with this but to me I think it would be a better idea to just start as whatever team you want to be on. I guess if you did the humanity thing you would have military being high humanity, civs inthe middle and bandits...where else...but in the low humanity scores. Im not too fond of the humanity system in its current state but hey it is an alpha. Each team could have certain pros and cons. Also, I think spawnpoints should be random as they are now so as to keep the 'omg where are my guys and will i make it to them alive' aspect of the game. Im gonna spew some brain diarrhea so bare with me:

Civilians: Can repair civ vehicles, the train, power substation. Can craft medical items, flares, matches, flashlights/batteries. Maybe craft civ weapons like the enfield or revolver. Civs could also have the special ability to revive fallen players of any team. Either way, civs should be able to play an important role to bandits and the military...it is just a matter of who the choose to support. Maybe have the ability to call in a supply drop with parts, food and medical supplies?

Bandits: Can repair bandit-like vehicles like technicals. Can craft items like IEDs, RPGs, AA, opfor weapons like the AKs and their ammo. Maybe have the ability to call in reinforcements? I guess it would be like having anyone whose willing to be teleported to wherever they are being summoned?

Military: Can repair military vehicles, the arty, can see and disarm bandit IEDs, can craft blufor weapons and ammo and gear. Also I think it would be neat to implement a system like island life has where you can arrest and detain people....but I think it might be abused to much. Maybe only have the ability to detain bandits...who could then be broke out of detention...I dunno just an idea. Maybe they could also have the ability to call in an airstrike?

ZEDs: The zed team could have the ability to control the swarms of zombies. Much like the insurgency mod, you could switch between actively spawned swarms. Also, much like insurgency, maybe limit this team to only a few players..like 4-5. You could maybe have the player be a queen-bee of sorts for the zeds and once that queenzed was killed the zeds would just go back to their normal AI routines. One idea that popped into my head...if you are killed/bitten by a zed you would eventually turn into a zed and in turn infect other players. This would require a bit more thought...but then all of this would...hah. Maybe have the zeds be able to craft certain sicknesses or something.

I would like to add that I absolutely hate the player name tags that you can see 500m away. Teams like this would make it so that you can get rid of that built-in wall hack crap without worrying if someone is friend or foe.

and finally..........a sort of 'end game' goal

8. Build/Repair a way the fuck out of chenarus.....but leaving it in a smoldering ruin.....

Have it so that there are certain things that have to be found/crafted and have the crafting time set to several days or even a week of ingame time.

The military could have a nuke that would just obliterate the island. They would have to find and build nuke parts along with farming the necessary resources.

The zeds could have an ultimate z-virus that causes everyone to become part of the zed swarm

The civs could build a passenger airliner or maybe a cure for the z-virus..or something..

the bandits could be working on a chemical weapon of sorts.

oh....strippers. This mod needs more strip clubs damn it!

I would be more than willing to contribute my free time to assisting inthis be it testing, script writing and converting, etc. I work, am in school(just one easy math class this semester) and have a wife and kid so it would only be a few hours a week but hey, rome wasnt built in a week.

Other players ideas that I like that would mix well with these ideas.

Safehouses/forts from NobodieCro: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2502

the first one would be cool, but the rest might be a little to much. maybe team based as ingame groups creation and uni choice

Yeah.....the whole team-game aspect of this mod in its current state really needs more thought put into it. I mean..for now I like that you just spawn as Joe Whoever and go from there but in the long run the mod will have to evolve to keep it a bit fresh and give a some more goal orientated reasons to play than just 'survive and kill the other guys because they have some beans and ammo'

the 60 player limit kind of makes things a bit difficult too with 4 teams and might cause some balance issues but hey...you gotta start somewhere to get somewhere