NobodieCro

Build a SafeHouse

I'm tierd so I'll keep this short and simple.

Why wouldn't we scavenge for items like wooden planks , chop some trees (would need axe) find cloth , nails , hammer and just build a small wooden shed ?

I know , why would some1 bother finding all of these when he can have same thing with tents.. Well because the wooden shed could be enter and doors could be locked , in a way that zombies cant enter while other people can. To tweak it , make that the shed can be damaged over time. So after 10 minutes of zombies "hitting it" it starts to break down ( Add breaking sound or a warning message ) .

Tents are good but the only use is "storage"

Also add some camouflage nets for the house that can be found in military areas, while the shed parts in villages more than towns..

Night :)

I'm not actually against this idea. Would forward the idea of player-created and defended zones that various groups could set up.

I completely agree.

Some way to occupy houses in some way and maybe have the option to power it with a generator (that needs to be refueled once in a while) would be awesome. Barbed wire and mounted guns.

I completely agree.

Some way to occupy houses in some way and maybe have the option to power it with a generator (that needs to be refueled once in a while) would be awesome. Barbed wire and mounted guns.

Mounted lee enfields on every corner...

yep i agree

a nice shopping mall like in the original dawn of the dead and land chopper on roof :)

I'm already planning to lure a town full of zombies and chuck a smoke grenade at the shed door.

I completely agree.

Well that all sounds good but I if bandits see it ' date=' then start spamming the location on the global chat.. Basically its just gonna be a PVP zone.. Or its gonna be raided etc...

[hr']

I'm already planning to lure a town full of zombies and chuck a smoke grenade at the shed door.

Well that's why you would hide your shed. Also zombies will not destroy it if your not inside. Building sheds in town would be basically only if you want them destroyed in 30 minutes after building it

I totally agree with this but isn't this an engine limitation? May be someone modding the game would know if that's technically possible or not.

Of all the things you could want to build in a zombie apocalypse, you want a make-shift shed? Against zombies? Angry, violent, massed zombies? Do you also tell people in global chat when you get to Cherno or Elektro? Do you want to live more than 10 minutes?

What's wrong with the barbed wire & sand bags? Make yourself a fort out of those.

The only decent idea I've picked up out of this thread is the generator, but I don't see it being useful for a house. It could be used in conjunction with spotlights (which ArmA 2 already has). Lighting a perimeter is one form of night-time defense, because it reveals movement on the perimeter while inhibiting view into the camp. Could be useful, but not really important at the moment.

Why wouldn't we scavenge for items like wooden planks ' date=' chop some trees (would need axe) find cloth , nails , hammer and just build a small wooden shed ? [/quote']

"Welcome to Minecraft" uhhh... DayZ...

I agree with Mac on this, you don't need a small shed which gives no protection at all, but sandbags and barbwire will do the trick. But staying inside a room with one door will work best ;)

This idea definitely appeals to me... it adds a pretty nice strategic environment. It would be REALLY cool if you can build a few different kinds of buildings, and eventually build up your own little fort that your team can store vehicles at and defend it from intruders with motion alarms, big spotlights on guard towers, barbed wire fences, ladders, etc. where intruders would have to observe your team and slowly sneak around cutting the fences and stuff. All of this stuff would be found or built by using scrap metal and other parts, or stealing these things from establishments that others have already built (that would be hilarious to log on and find that your base equipment was stolen from you). The vehicles would require keys, which you can hide somewhere, or take a minute or two to break in and hotwire it to steal it. For "ultimate" realism, the larger items would have to be carried between two or more players, who would have to set them down to use their weapons if their team can't cover them. I get goosebumps just thinking about it! All pretty complex stuff to implement of course, but it would be awesome!

Of all the things you could want to build in a zombie apocalypse' date=' you want a make-shift shed? Against zombies? Angry, violent, massed zombies? Do you also tell people in global chat when you get to Cherno or Elektro? Do you want to live more than 10 minutes?

What's wrong with the barbed wire & sand bags? Make yourself a fort out of those.

The only decent idea I've picked up out of this thread is the generator, but I don't see it being useful for a house. It could be used in conjunction with spotlights (which ArmA 2 already has). Lighting a perimeter is one form of night-time defense, because it reveals movement on the perimeter while inhibiting view into the camp. Could be useful, but not really important at the moment.

[/quote']

The point of the shed would be that it would still server a main purpose of being a storage but a storage that would be easier to find and make it.

If see you like to jump to conclusions to fast so that leads me to think that you'r brain activities are quite low .

The house would be same tent but it would server and extra thing , that is protection from zombies.

The house would be same tent but it would server and extra thing ' date=' that is protection from zombies.

[/quote']

And protection from other players who want to steal your stuff (if it's lockable like mentioned in first post).

now i agree with Mac with generator could go whole hog and have electric fences to keep bandits and zombies out mm crispy fried zombie :D

I think being able to fortify is a great idea! but if all players had houses idk it might just become the sims lol :D

If see you like to jump to conclusions to fast so that leads me to think that you'r brain activities are quite low .

Right, somebody disagrees with you on the internet, so what do you do? Ad hominem! Of course! Don't be a twat because people aren't jumping on your particular bandwagon.

If you want protection for your storage, use the already-existing fortifications. Barbed wire, sand bags, tank traps. There's nothing wrong with those, they fulfill the same purpose, and they're already in the game (and they work).

Right' date=' somebody disagrees with you on the internet, so what do you do? Ad hominem! Of course! Don't be a twat because people aren't jumping on your particular bandwagon.

If you want protection for your storage, use the already-existing fortifications. Barbed wire, sand bags, tank traps. There's nothing wrong with those, they fulfill the same purpose, and they're already in the game (and they work).

[/quote']

Its more of a extra addon to the game , something to make it more interesting .

If your gonna add a lock door option to protect stuff then the game should also put in some bolt cutters or a crowbar that spawns, because nothing should be safe from anything in dayz

Agreed!

Construction I'll be a very great feature!Like barricades, and all of those things

could they fix zombies hitting me through walls before they consider doing a safe house?

I love this idea. Construction is the one thing that will take this game to the next level.

All of my friends want construction in dayz. All of them.

You're thinking too outside the box... We need to be able to build proper outposts but would require alot of code etc :)

Not to mention the 10x increase of players & map size.