Murlocman

Weapons spawn

Hi. I think that we need to have more weapons in Day Z. I am saying this because over about two days of real time playing, I have only found an axe and a really bad pistol, while in a giant city. And then found an axe the next day after dying and losing my weapons. My point is, since we don't spawn with weapons anymore, we need them to be more common, even if they're just crowbars or axes, the spawn areas for weapons shouldn't be just the really huge cities and sometimes in a gas station. Thanks.

no way. this is a horrible idea. scarcity is key to this games unique and awesome atmosphere. you should have to search long and hard for good stuff. plus it gives you the real fear of dying because you don't wanna lose your stuff since it's so hard to find. that's part of what makes this game so emotionally involving and why i love it.

With that said I wouldn't mind having more melee type weapons, but then I think melee weapons should be less effective and be very risky to use. For example maybe zombies could block melee hits, attack through melee hits, grab players and melee would do very little damage. that way new players wouldn't feel completely defenseless but they would still feel that they really need to find something better.

The only thing acceptable would be a few more weapons which are "rare" and "very rare"

For example a HK USP Pistol .45ACP using the same ammo as the M1911 but being very rare to be found at military spots would be awesome.

More types and models of weapons dont ruin this game, its always the amount and the effort of finding them.

more choice of weapons would be good, but same rarity at the moment.

but i think more melee weapons would be great like using the hunting knife baseball bat, hammer etc that would be great.