Sign in to follow this  
Benz (DayZ)

Vehicles

As I was walking through a town, I noticed a ton of vehicles. All of them were unusable. This was really annoying, because you don't have a good way to tell a working car from a random prop. Since you die so much from zombies, snipers and broken bones, its pretty much hell to walk back to the city/town you were at. I think that more of these cars should be operational just so you can take a big chunk of the boredom factor out of this game. It would also be way more realistic, as it hasn't been over 5 years since the apocalypse (listen to the beans) and the zombies don't have molotovs and RPGs. Also, I think you should be able to scrap some broken cars for parts (scrap metal and glass) to repair working cars (though finding a broken car to salvage would be very rare). Also, I think more cars should be totally operational, as the engine and tires don't just disappear. My real point is, its REALLY boring to walk to electro or another city and we need more functional cars as the zombies don't eat off the tires and magically rust it to nothing.

i've been playing this game for about about a month and have yet to see a vehicle I can repair... anyone have screens of what a repairable car looks like???

further.... if someone has taken a vehicle will that vehicle not spawn any more? im currently runnign circles around chenarus international airport, which according to dayzwiki has a spawn-able UAZ and I'm not seeing jack shit

We did run around Zeleno, knowing three carspawns there (two cars did blow up on us, another one went missing).

But since then we did not find any other cars nor did we see/hear players driving around. I understand that cars should be a bit rare. But they should simply respawn after 7 days. if "in use" or not does not matter. Because anyone who gets a car will bring it to the woods or wherever and never drive it again because he does not want it to get destroyed. shitty idea.

We, as a group of 8 people, would love to get a car to go around the country a bit. Of course we would hide it over night, while we are off, and drive on the next day. But we would not hide it somewhere like squirrels hide their nuts! :O