Sign in to follow this  
jason_h44@hotmail.com

0.51 Ghillie Showcase

Any noticeable difference at longer ranges? I know it's not incredibly hard to spot Ghillies far away with a scope in Arma 2

Don't forget you can paint the green ghillie with black spraypaint to give it a more "mossy" look lol Also can confirm that the ghillie wrap goes on weapons such as the blaze and repeater. 

First person server (solo) so no good perspective pictures but here's the inventory view difference between woodland green and woodland black (aka mossy):

4d0f9d3411.jpg 

2778491042.jpg

Edited by Maia
  • Like 2

I don't think it's designed to win any fashion shows, just survive.

You misunderstood, it doesn't look horrible in a fashionable sense, it looks horrible in a realistic sense, and just horrible in general.  Though your graphics settings aren't doing it any favors.

One thing that video proves? other than the addition of a cool looking Ghillie suit.. Everyone who is anyone will be cranking down to low settings to see them Ghillies better haha!

I'm also curious at what range affects the camo visibility, which was indeed always a major issue (I thought anyway) in the Arma 2 Dayz mod.

Edited by NuckFuts
  • Like 1

You misunderstood, it doesn't look horrible in a fashionable sense, it looks horrible in a realistic sense, and just horrible in general.  Though your graphics settings aren't doing it any favors.

Oh my bad, I thought you were complaining that it literally wasn't a pretty piece of equipment. It could look better even with high settings, but then again a lot of things in game could. I feel that the idea wasn't to make a perfectly realistic ghillie suit but rather one that blends in with the average/higher average setting terrain (which is also not perfectly realistic). As for my graphics, I generally keep them down both for a consistantly smoother game play (don't have a top dollar machine) and to see the slightly more detailed people against the plain looking bushes/terrain.

• Like 1