SomeCallMeNomad (DayZ)

Gun/Weapon Personlization

A simple idea really. I was thinking about it and I think it'd be cool to add some gun personalization, maybe like renaming or changing the description, or spraying or painting words or pictures on it? Anything of that sort. Since there's limited character models, and limited clothing, for the most part, a lot of people look generally the same. Every person you meet on DayZ is unique, and meeting friendly people should always be a different, and interesting experience, and it'd be cool if everyone could add their own personal and unique touch to themselves.

I surmise the main problems in this being inappropriate words and pictures on their guns

Edit: By spraying pictures or words on your gun, I was thinking more along the lines of a 3D model of your gun coming up, and you can use a spray bottle if you have one to draw or write on your gun with your mouse? Or maybe be able to type letters. I think it'd also be possible to upload pics and clan symbols to your gun, but things could start getting inappropriate then

Edited by SomeCallMeNomad

I really wanna be able to scratch notches onto my mosin to keep track of my kills >:-)

• Like 1

No. Too many guns will be covered in dicks and things like that. The only thing I see is carving a tally into the stock or receiver with a combat knife to total kills.

• Like 1

dicks

Took only four replies.

Not everyone calls themselves "Penis" ingame, I doubt most people would draw dicks on their rifles. Is this really the only negative point for customization in a game like this? We can't let people be creative because someone loves dicks so much they'd draw them on everything?

• Like 1

Took only four replies.

Not everyone calls themselves "Penis" ingame, I doubt most people would draw dicks on their rifles. Is this really the only negative point for customization in a game like this? We can't let people be creative because someone loves dicks so much they'd draw them on everything?

There comes a point where total freedom goes out of the boundaries of what people would really do.  We can already paint our weapons like a pro with the only two colors in the game.  If they do add some form of customization to painting weapons, I hope that they add the proper tools to actually customize them and not half ass it by just slapping on any color of paint you want.  

You don't just grab a spray can and voila, new magically perfectly painted gun.  Proper brushes, sanding and primer are just a few small things you would need to properly paint a weapon and I really don't see the developers going into something like this.

Edited by Caboose187

No. Too many guns will be covered in dicks and things like that. The only thing I see is carving a tally into the stock or receiver with a combat knife to total kills.

THIS

Meh, this is the kind of thing where you either go full out and let people do complete customization or limit it extensively.

I think having a wide variety of attachments and a good amount of spray colors available is probably enough to create the personalized gun. Tallies and whatnot would be cool but it would start becoming redundant and eventually you'd have people complaining as to why they can carve those into the gun but not designs of their choosing (and what's stopping someone from picking up a brand new AKM and carving 50 tallies into it?)

With the vast amount of clothing and weapon customization options that are already in game, I'm sure people have enough to personalize themselves.

That's kinda along the lines I was thinking. I mean, know people would do that, but it's not like everyone would do that, I'm sure some people would have really cool designs.

At the very least, I would like even some simpler form of customization for weapons. For instance, having more combos of colors, like how's their camo.

You know, one of the main reasons I'm suggesting this is because character customization, in terms of player model and clothing, are just so limited, to where everyone is so similar... and we already know cahracter model customization will not be expanded on much further.