Sign in to follow this  
doublewar

Option to nerf PvP?

YES only if the stats/loadouts on a no FF server are saved oNLY TO THAT SERVER.

with the amount people would abuse the no pvp servers for gear, I would have to say no, however if that could be prevented (which would be very hrd and probably too time/resource consuming) it would be a pretty good idea

@doublewar - you whine about people not listening and not giving "useful suggestions" for improving the game, and on the other hand you're doing the same. Someone who comes with opinion that nerfing pvp is stupid, and it would kill more then half the thrill of the game is offering useful suggestion and fighting to improve, or better said keep the game good as it is. You and other "nerf the pvp" are suggesting something that would actually ruin this game. Look at it this way:

There is a zombie apocalypse, no authorities, no laws, your only goal is to survive. What do you do? You either find a group of friends and trustworthy people and go with them, or go alone and trust none. Then you're, thirsty and starving and find someone who has everything, and you can either risk of him killing you or you can kill him, what do you do?

This is suppose to be a zombie apocalypse simulation of some sort, and in real life scenario you would also more likely face more threat from people then zombies, since zombies are by all books and movies pretty retarded, and even strong ones (like the ones represented in 28 days later or Zombieland) are rather easy to trick and kill.

You have in-game voice chat which gives you option to talk to people and try to negotiate a truce with them, on the other hand would you trust a guy that says "i'm friendly" many people got shot in the back for that, and that's GREAT, since it simulates what might very easy happen in real life situation.

Anyway, take out or nerf pvp, and you've turned it into a single player game, since you don't really need help with surviving zombies, if there is none shooting at you you can just crawl when there are many zombies and not be afraid. Or stand on high ground with your enfield or an AK and kill half the zombies in town and go scavange freely. The best thing in this game is that you have to balance between threat from zombies and threat from people, you wont crawl trough city since it makes you an easy target, you try as much you can not to aggro a zombie since it will attract attention to you and nearby sniper might kill you....

Take that out and you just have game where you sneak around and shoot zombies, and as someone mentioned it's very hard to make good AI, since real AI doesn't really exist, you can only implement so many behavior types on an NPC, but you will always be able to outsmart him since you have ability to THINK, Outhinking humans on the other hand is much harder.

On the other hand i am totally on board with suggestions for awarding teamplay in some way. But not in a way that you can switch off friendly fire, i love the realism of not knowing who is who in a team fight, shooting my mates by mistake, it's awesome since it simulates real chaos that would happen in someone started shooting at you.

Implementing some mechanics like blood bags, that promote team play would be nice, so long as they promote it and not force it.

the issue is the people that often complain are the ones who just want to run into places to loot and horde the gear for themselves.

I have been killed once by a camper at the NW airfield. I have killed three campers at it. Why?' date=' because I don't go skipping into the middle of the airfield, expected to just get a free run into the hangers or the barracks, to grab my loot. I actually spend about an hour or so, scoping out the place. Checking the runway. And more often then not you actually come up behind these campers. If your too impatient for it then I suggest finding another game to spend time on it. Because Dayz is by far not a 'run and gun' game like BF3 and COD.

Take the PVP away and the game turns into Diablo 3 with Zombies. The Zombies aren't that intelligent. They aren't smart, they are easy to predict and easy to avoid and very very easy to kill (1 AK + 5 clips = 100 dead zombies before I run out of ammo) they aren't worthy of the challenge. The PVP element is what makes you scared shitless when you hear that gunfire coming from behind you.

And I love losing all my gear, as I have done before and no doubt it will happen again soon. Because it means you need to be more cautious and to not get careless.

[/quote']

So much irrelevance I think I just got diabetes. Seriously? No I think the issue people are trying to shine light on, which I'll be so bold to say: PvP dick riders like you are the issue with PvP. I really love your self-righteous catharsis, you're so pro at an alpha mod, please teach me how to be successful in life? Pretty cool you spend an hour rolling around in the grass looking at a building. True DayZ is not run and gun, but the intention of the mod isn't a mindless PvP rampage that i've seen oh so frequently.

And no, you take PvP away and it turns into a co-operative zombie survival simulator. All that they're asking for is a choice to toggle it off. I can see exactly where they're coming from too, maybe they want to focus more on the zombie aspect in the open world, but instead they all get randomly sniped by some hardcore PvP armchair general that got the drop on them, not to mention he's a few klicks away about as geared up as a military armory surplus.

And lastly, no. PvP just gives people the incentive to do something that they would NEVER DO IRL (since it's all about realism anyway).

Lastly lastly: it's true zombies are pretty stupid. But there is strength in numbers. You can have one smart person chase after you, you're not afraid. But you can have a bunch of retarded dead cannibals running after you and I bet your perspective will change a tad.

with reasoning like that' date=' you shouldnt be on the suggestions board. This section of the forums is for people to suggest improvements for the game, not for them to be told to leave due to making a suggestion.

[/quote']

when someone in this thread actually suggests an 'improvement', let us know;)

with reasoning like that' date=' you shouldnt be on the suggestions board. This section of the forums is for people to suggest improvements for the game, not for them to be told to leave due to making a suggestion.

[/quote']

when someone in this thread actually suggests an 'improvement', let us know;)

Ikr? This thread is one to many of the countless others EXACTLY LIKE IT. /thread