Sign in to follow this  
Gthunda866

Atlanta 78 Server Rage quit from admin(Pics inside)

Hi, My friends and I were on our home server, Atlanta 78, where we had 2 vehicles, a bus and a tractor. Were were in Berezino at the time waiting for our new other friend who had just purchased the game, SID, and wanted to go back with us to our camp. On the way there he was hit by a passing truck from the road that goes through Solnichniy and Nizhnoye, and then ends up in Berezino. He dies and tells us that there were two off-road trucks (You know the good kind) that were going north to Berezino. We had one scout, Brett, who was raiding the hospital area around Berezino when he heard trucks coming. I was a sniper running to the location, Gman. We also had one person guarding our bus in the forest, brian. Brett saw a truck park outside of his location and decided to unload a M1911 mag into the driver and passenger of the car and then luckily got in the truck and was able to drive away. This is what happened a few seconds later. http://imgur.com/a/cIyUJ#0

The server at the time was over 40 people. Right after he shut down the server though he restarted it and a couple of us got in really quick and my friend Brett got the car again but he then shut it down again.

This all happened at around 11:00 PM EST on 6/30/2012

We feel that this was un-justified and ban worthy yet we have large amounts of loot in this server so it's quite a predicament. If possible we would like the van we rightfully obtained and all the loot that was inside of it and be able to keep our loot and the bus and other vehicles we had. We also either think he completely got ride of the server or changed the name or something cause we can't find it. It is 11:57 right now. All the players mentioned are in the images above. We think it might of been |TMB| Khalled who disconnected the server since in the bottom right it says [TMB] Welcomes You. I hope everything gets resolved.

TLDR Info:

Server:Atlanta 78

Time:11:00 PM

Problem: Server shutdown after admin's truck was taken from him (Without any hacking) from people playing the game right.

I believe you, theres a reason i can never be a lawyer, but the fact of the matter is that unless you have a video of the incident happening; there is no way to really prove admin abuse. at the moment all i see is a story and a D/Ced server, hardly grounds for a ban.

I hope that in these instances the logs can be inspected at least to determine a legitimate claim. A user shouldn't have to bear the burden of proof when this should be well documented information in logs.

|TMB| Khalled was killed 30 secconds before a TMB server was shut down. If a log message for player killed is present and a server disconnect is logged then you can put the two pieces of information together to at least probe the admin. The host is still online. The IP address actually has a few instances of DayZ servers that surround the range, which are still available.

The DayZ developers control the game mechanics and give us the software platform for which to enjoy the experience. These privately held dedicated servers are the only way we can play, and not holding these administrators to a high standard would be a critical mistake. There were over 40 players connected to this server. 40 people were ejected from the game because a player with administrative capabilities was upset over his vehicle loss. (Also, I'm assuming from his attitude when he lost the vehicle, he probably didn't get it through conventional means)

A video is a nice thought, but with enough effort, it could be spoofed, so that's not the actual best way to determine credibility. All of the data to support this claim should be present. How lovely the idea that it is probably already available to the DayZ team.

We had a vehicle outside of the town waiting on our teammate to gram medical supplies when this happened. Including the truck, we've also lost other valuable items we worked for. If we log into another server, and move about, then we can not re claim our possessions.

So, I'm just going to leave this here and challenge the DayZ team to respond in a way that would be upholding to the amazing platform that the DayZ mod has offered to us. Please don't let these private server administrators ruin the experience for others.

I hope that in these instances the logs can be inspected at least to determine a legitimate claim. A user shouldn't have to bear the burden of proof when this should be well documented information in logs.

|TMB| Khalled was killed 30 secconds before a TMB server was shut down. If a log message for player killed is present and a server disconnect is logged then you can put the two pieces of information together to at least probe the admin. The host is still online. The IP address actually has a few instances of DayZ servers that surround the range' date=' which are still available.

The DayZ developers control the game mechanics and give us the software platform for which to enjoy the experience. These privately held dedicated servers are the only way we can play, and not holding these administrators to a high standard would be a critical mistake. There were over 40 players connected to this server. 40 people were ejected from the game because a player with administrative capabilities was upset over his vehicle loss. (Also, I'm assuming from his attitude when he lost the vehicle, he probably didn't get it through conventional means)

A video is a nice thought, but with enough effort, it could be spoofed, so that's not the actual best way to determine credibility. All of the data to support this claim should be present. How lovely the idea that it is probably already available to the DayZ team.

We had a vehicle outside of the town waiting on our teammate to gram medical supplies when this happened. Including the truck, we've also lost other valuable items we worked for. If we log into another server, and move about, then we can not re claim our possessions.

So, I'm just going to leave this here and challenge the DayZ team to respond in a way that would be upholding to the amazing platform that the DayZ mod has offered to us. Please don't let these private server administrators ruin the experience for others.

[/quote']

Exactly! everything that happens will be in the logs!!!!!! plenty of proof there!

I believe you' date=' theres a reason i can never be a lawyer, but the fact of the matter is that unless you have a video of the incident happening; there is no way to really prove admin abuse. at the moment all i see is a story and a D/Ced server, hardly grounds for a ban.

[/quote']

But not everyone is just recording with fraps or streaming, so to put these standards for being able to prove admin abuse is extremely unfair plus like notorious said the server logs should show what happened.

BUMP I just want a response on the situation from anyone who is in charge or the owner of the server and what he changed the server name to cause we just want our stuff now and to leave the server

nothing come on do they do nothing against these admins? All I want a response, even a statement saying the mods can't help me. Just some update

It's only been half a day' date=' most developers read these topics but generally don't reply to them.

[/quote']

Do they have any actions they are gonna take or they can't do anything

I don't know what the developers do when they read the topics, but I highly doubt they ignore them.

Best case scenario: They might already be looking into it.

I don't know what the developers do when they read the topics' date=' but I highly doubt they ignore them.

Best case scenario: They might already be looking into it.

[/quote']

We already switched servers in fact we are in the middle of purchasing a server right now but we had so much on that server including items and vehicles

Sad to hear this happened... You should let us know when you get that server, would like to play in some servers with good admin who are fair and present a good amount of the time.

Sad to hear this happened... You should let us know when you get that server' date=' would like to play in some servers with good admin who are fair and present a good amount of the time.

[/quote'] Will do we have a group of people now. Our clan is the [MZH] Miami Zombie Hunters. Someone has got to kill those bath salt users.

You have no proof.

Move on and deal with it.

We had pics of the server crashing with him taking the car try to search for it now it isn't there, plus we have our own server now so I think that is a big move on