Sign in to follow this  
airfell

Can't see smoke

I'm not sure what video setting it is, I've got all my settings set up in the config files.

At campfires I'm not seeing smoke, just heat coming off of it. I checked with my buddies and they don't see it either, but their settings are based off of mine for performance rather than pretty.

If you're all using the same settings than you all probably made the same mistake somewhere...

If you're all using the same settings than you all probably made the same mistake somewhere...

Cool. Do you know what setting effects the ability to see smoke? Sorry, I didn't realize that the question wasn't directly asked, just implied.

Edited by AirFell

Cool. Do you know what setting effects the ability to see smoke? Sorry, I didn't realize that the question wasn't directly asked, just implied.

Check your objects quality and texture detail

Objects are at normal, texture detail and rendering are both at high.

I'm wondering if its clouds... by chance, I have those completely turned off. (currently testing)

EDIT: And yes, turning on clouds then restarting the game did it. Even on low it came at a bit of a FPS cost though.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/25096108772896248/7126B97911383F3D1D6878462C33363AA6848ECF/

Edited by AirFell