Kysman (DayZ)

Session Lost

Hi guys, I just installed my DayZ on new PC, I have it updated, but every time I want to log on server i get Confirmation of Changes: Session Lost. I tried a LOT of servers but it's everywhere, I turned off my Firewall and I have the newset version. Please some1 help me guys :( I really wanna play.

Edited by Kysman

Have you tried this?

Make sure you are showing hidden files & folders (Control Panel > Folder options) as the Appdata folder will be Hidden by default.

First of all exit the DayZ client and Steam.

• STEP ONE: Delete Battleye Folder in Appdata

Find the Battleye folder located in
    "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\DayZ".
    Delete this Battleye folder and all it's content entirely.

(To locate directory navigate through explorer or
    Press the WINDOWS KEY + E to open explorer > In the adress field write %localappdata%)

• STEP TWO: Download BEClient.dll

Go to Battleye[www.battleye.com] and download the 32-bit BEClient.dll for DayZ.
    (Save it somewhere easily located, it will be used soon.)

• STEP THREE: Replace old BEClient with the new one

Move or copy/paste the downloaded BEClient.dll to a folder named Battleye in the DayZ install directory (replace the already existing BEClient.dll).

The DayZ install directory is by default located at:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\DayZ"
    (this is NOT the same appdata DayZ/Battleye folder as the one we visited earlier)

Right click DayZ in Steam > Properties > Local Files > Browse Local Files)
  • STEP FOUR: Restart your computer
  • STEP FIVE: Update Battleye

IMPORTANT: Start Steam as administrator
    (right click Steam and choose Run as Administrator)

Start DayZ and join a server, BattlEye should update correctly.

Have you tried this?

Make sure you are showing hidden files & folders (Control Panel > Folder options) as the Appdata folder will be Hidden by default.

First of all exit the DayZ client and Steam.

• STEP ONE: Delete Battleye Folder in Appdata

Find the Battleye folder located in

"C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\DayZ".

Delete this Battleye folder and all it's content entirely.

Press the WINDOWS KEY + E to open explorer > In the adress field write %localappdata%)

• STEP TWO: Download BEClient.dll

Go to Battleye[www.battleye.com] and download the 32-bit BEClient.dll for DayZ.

(Save it somewhere easily located, it will be used soon.)

• STEP THREE: Replace old BEClient with the new one

Move or copy/paste the downloaded BEClient.dll to a folder named Battleye in the DayZ install directory (replace the already existing BEClient.dll).

The DayZ install directory is by default located at:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\DayZ"

(this is NOT the same appdata DayZ/Battleye folder as the one we visited earlier)

Right click DayZ in Steam > Properties > Local Files > Browse Local Files)

• STEP FOUR: Restart your computer
  • STEP FIVE: Update Battleye

IMPORTANT: Start Steam as administrator

(right click Steam and choose Run as Administrator)

Start DayZ and join a server, BattlEye should update correctly.

Yes I tried exactly this, but it didn't work

Yes I tried exactly this, but it didn't work

AmberHelios, on 10 Oct 2014 - 3:00 PM, said:session lost is generally due to connection issues most of the time in arma games its due to a overloading of the router cheaper models cannot cope as well as some of the better ones

find out the router model see if there is an updated firmware

try a cold reboot of the router

check ports and firewall config both windows and router

if he is on wlan try using cable (cheaper wifi dongles and card also have overloading issues)

try a traceroute and ping quality on his line lots of jitter can also dc him

sometimes it can kick with this message if it cannot contact battleye try downloading batteye from the website remembering to unblock the dll and allowing it through the firewall.

if his ip is dynamic try releasing his dhcp till he receives a new ip sometimes steam server list temp blacklist ips if they are submitting a lot of requests to stop ddos.

I have the exact same problem and i've tried all of the things listed, nothing works. I even reinstalled Dayz... This is making me so frustrated because it worked when i played about 6 months ago and now it doesnt.

• Like 1

I have the exact same problem and i've tried all of the things listed, nothing works. I even reinstalled Dayz... This is making me so frustrated because it worked when i played about 6 months ago and now it doesnt.

Exactly, I played like 2 months, no problem, now I can't log anywhere :(

• Like 1

I have the same problem.Tried turning off the firewall. Tried everything above, still doesn't work. (I'm using the experimental version)

Edited by -Nyx-

I have the same problem.Tried turning off the firewall. Tried everything above, still doesn't work. (I'm using the experimental version)

I have tried with both, i does not matter. Same issue with both ones.

Game works to me now! I replaced BattlEye again how Steak and Potatoes told me, and then I switched DayZ to experimental, game asked me if I want update BattlEye, I confirmed and now it's fine :)

Edited by Kysman
  • Like 1

Game works to me now! I replaced BattlEye again how Steak and Potatoes told me, and then I switched DayZ to experimental, game asked me if I want update BattlEye, I confirmed and now it's fine :)

I tired it as you said and it didnt work for me :( It has to do with my battleye not updating properly

I fixed it by removing all steam related stuff + steam and backing up the dayz files. Then reinstalling steam and dayz. Now it works fine! :D