Sign in to follow this  
RespawnCake

Are we gonna ever get 40-60 fps on average in cities(50+ outside cities) on decent pc?

I have fx6300,8gb ram,gtx 760.

I know it's not the best pc out there but should i ever expect to have higher fps than now? I stopped playing many months ago and i still get the same fps as before.20fps in cities on low/medium,it's barely playable..

I know it's alpha,but BI games are notorious for their fps

Edited by RespawnCake

No. My experience with BI and their Arma 2, Arma3 games is pretty clear - they will try, add some DLCs and patches, but the performance will stay or be just tiny little bit better, then in the days of the release. With that said, I dare to claim, I'm right (my faith in the new engine is very low - if they increase the performance, it will be devoured by the swarms of zombies and other stuff). Enjoy your 20 FPS. Hope for 22-ish to 23-ish (lucky bastard!).

This helped me alot - especially the viewDistance and sceneComplexity.

Configuration Files

The following tweaks were found online and really helped with getting my FPS higher. First off locate the below file under the below location.

C:UsersyournameDocumentsDayZyour_dayz_profileyour_dayz_profile.DayZProfile
Set the following options :

• mouseSmoothing=0; – Optimal. This should help sort out mouse acceleration problems
  • sceneComplexity=150000; – This number affects your object details.
  • shadowZDistance=50; – This is the distance at which shadows are drawn.
  • viewDistance=1000; – This number affects the distance view (trees, grass etc…).
  • preferredObjectViewDistance=1000; – This willaffects the distance that the objects will be drawn.

SOURCE: http://www.dayztv.com/standalone/dayz-performance-guide-crash-fix/

Edited by USCcommunity
  • Like 1

In cities, i highly doubt it. ever. Unless you're running a LPC.

50+ outside is definitely doable. Even now with the game still barely being optimized I sometimes get that with my 2600K, 12GB and GTX680 2GB running the game on high/normal (shadows low otherwise they don't show up inside buildings(??))

BI games are indeed known for their relatively poor performance, due poor task allocation(CPU doing things the GPU should be doing, like shadows)

Hopefully the new render will help but even then i don't have high hopes for anything above 40 in a city with a decent amount of players on the server.

My PC is a bit older:

AMD Phenom II 965BE

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103727

with 16gb ram

Mechanical HDD

Nvidia GTX 650

But I easily get 40-60fps everywhere, minimum 30 in cities. Its all about the config files.

Example:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/23968940666780999/7ECBD294A680AA8BCD5B89740189FAA4A22C6545/

I have only ever experienced an FPS drop once, and that lasted for maybe 5 seconds. I'm not sure what causes so many other people to have issues with FPS. Cities are no problem for my computer, and it's the same with the countryside.