Sign in to follow this  
entspeak

Controls suggestion... a return to intuitive crouch running, etc...

Several updates ago, there was a change to the controls. The one that stands out most to me is the one that eliminated using the run key while crouching. Now, you have to sprint to run while crouching. It worked better and was much more intuitive the old way.

When you wanted to run while crouching, you hit the run key. If, while crouching, you needed to get away quickly, hitting the sprint key would allow you to stand and sprint... when you finished springing, you'd return to your crouched position. This made total sense and made it easy to sprint between buildings or trees from a crouched position - it was authentic and intuitive. I don't understand why it was changed.

Now, I've also discovered that you can't crouch with your hands up (meaning fists raised, weapon raised) - which is just strange. Not intuitive at all. It's quite clunky, in fact.

It would be great if they returned the earlier controls, or if not, find some that were more intuitive and less clunky. It's all a work in progress, right. :)

Edited by entspeak
  • Like 4

Yes please return to the old system, I use walk/run toggle key and each time I crouch I need to press run key for keeping the same speed, If I stand up I need to stop pressing run key because my character will begin sprinting, is quite annoying need to do this each time you change stance, it was much better the old system. I don't know why the change it just make the controls more clunky.

• Like 2