Sign in to follow this  
Grundlesmuggler

.50 a true survival iteration

I use the word "iteration" because there will be more versions of this released; however, they have given us a true "survival" feeling in this version.  The only problem is they did it with bugs.  I am terrified of dying, I have to find water constantly, and carry food now.   Which is how I would expect to feel given the story of Chernarus.  

In doing so though some of the attention to detail still needs work.  Its obvious loot is bugged, as well as water supply.  Once these are fixed I will probably feel less afraid to die, but it will still be a more realistic survival GAME.  

Given that though, how many of you have died yet?  How has the next life progressed in the current stable iteration?  

I typically get restless after being geared and tend to go find people to kill; however, I'm really really hesitant atm.  

Disclaimer: I'm not saying SA is realistic.  I'm not passing judgement on the devs progress.  I'm not really looking to argue any real life implications you feel like trying to draw out of this conversation.  I'm only saying that they have put out something that makes you feel like you are "surviving", even if it is buggy and only a game.

Its still so far from playable that I can't give you a realistic assessment on it.

Firstly I'm tired of hearing about realism when there are zombies in the game. Realism only goes so far until the game your playing becomes boring. 

2ndly, this is still so far from playable that I can't even make a judgement on it. If I was forced at gunpoint to give you an opinion, I would say almost everything at the moment in this game sucks ass. I want to survive against zombies but right now not only is it easy, its just freaking annoyingly boring. It's not that its boring, its that its annoying as well. When you combine boring gameplay on top of annoying mechanics that aren't even hard but are annoyingly trivial, it pisses me off.

Zombies in this game wont ever be a threat unless there's 50 of them on screen. Right now you can circle-jerk a group of 5 of them solo with your fists. Give me a break.

Edited by Shelledfade

Honestly it's still really easy right now, me and 3 friends have had an easy time moving from teh coast to our base we call eden way up north and have a stock pile of supplies. We have a tent set up with weapons inside, multiple bags that stay persistent with lots of meds, food and equpitment and some builds around our main one that provide food and anything else we need to survive.

Honestly it's still really easy right now, me and 3 friends have had an easy time moving from teh coast to our base we call eden way up north and have a stock pile of supplies. We have a tent set up with weapons inside, multiple bags that stay persistent with lots of meds, food and equpitment and some builds around our main one that provide food and anything else we need to survive.

Well yes it's easy if that's the case.  But as this loot spawning thing continues to eat up loot spawns around the map gear will be less available.  Lets say I find eden.  I destroy it.  Move the items pack the tents and leave you with nothing.  I guess that was the spirit of the question I was asking.

Well yes it's easy if that's the case.  But as this loot spawning thing continues to eat up loot spawns around the map gear will be less available.  Lets say I find eden.  I destroy it.  Move the items pack the tents and leave you with nothing.  I guess that was the spirit of the question I was asking.

Is that a challenge? http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/214725-private-rp-server-with-a-white-list-and-forum/#entry2155971 come try and take it ;)

No. I thought my implication was obvious enough for the small minded RP private shard in a bug filled alpha game player to understand but i'll be more explicit.  If you didn't have your base, how then would your next life be?  Coastal cities will all be looted.  If you are lucky enough to find a bugged town where it hasn't been looted yet and you take all of that gear, you have just made sure no more loot will spawn in that area.  So if you die again you have to find the next bugged town yes?  If they don't fix the loot issue, how will a fresh life for you be 3 weeks from now, when everywhere has been picked clean as is no longer spawning loot?

No. I thought my implication was obvious enough for the small minded RP private shard in a bug filled alpha game player to understand but i'll be more explicit.  If you didn't have your base, how then would your next life be?  Coastal cities will all be looted.  If you are lucky enough to find a bugged town where it hasn't been looted yet and you take all of that gear, you have just made sure no more loot will spawn in that area.  So if you die again you have to find the next bugged town yes?  If they don't fix the loot issue, how will a fresh life for you be 3 weeks from now, when everywhere has been picked clean as is no longer spawning loot?

I was joking but clearly you're mr.serious, so honestly i have no interest in speaking to you anymore, enjoy complaining about pixels on a screen :D

• Like 1

Seriously.. Where is all the loot? Switching servers and been going through the north ber/svet/novo.. It's all crap! Piles upon piles with violet pants. and hammers

I was joking but clearly you're mr.serious, so honestly i have no interest in speaking to you anymore, enjoy complaining about pixels on a screen :D

If complaining means expressing my condescending opinion about you, and proposing a valid question to the community all at the same time then yes, I will thoroughly enjoy that.  

Seriously.. Where is all the loot? Switching servers and been going through the north ber/svet/novo.. It's all crap! Piles upon piles with violet pants. and hammers

I made an assumption in another thread that currently it seems like any spawn point that had loot taken from it by a player is no longer spawning loot.  To compensate for this the server just spawns more loot in spots that haven't been player manipulated which is the useless stuff like purple pants.  But you should pick that up, throw on the blue/purple running shoes with pink laces and a purple bandanna and BOOM.  You are ballin.

• Like 1

you forgot about hats =))

All I have been finding is copious amounts of useful gear and piles of weapons... Maybe 1st person servers are less prone to server hopping?

All I have been finding is copious amounts of useful gear and piles of weapons... Maybe 1st person servers are less prone to server hopping?

Yeah.  Less players playing 1st person.  I'm going to play my hardcore life for now since my 3rd person one is pretty set and see what the situation looks like.

Yeah. Less players playing 1st person. I'm going to play my hardcore life for now since my 3rd person one is pretty set and see what the situation looks like.

But less servers to choose from; assuming you stick to high pop servers. A buddy and I hit the NWAF yesterday on a popular server and all of the jails and tents were jam-packed with gear. However, the barracks were empty of anything but one or two mountain packs. I'm assuming server hoppers are only jumping the barracks in the hopes of finding new rifles. Maybe I'll try my luck in Zelenogorsk's military base. An Ak74-U would be cool to have tossed in my pack.

Quick question: is the pistol grip pump shotgun in game? And if so, does it fit in your backpack? Where does it spawn? How can I get my hands on one right now!!!?

I have yet to die of starvation, dehydration, or even get a "hot" message since the latest patch.  Not saying it was easy but it's not all that hard.  Why are all you people wearing shirts and not eating?

But less servers to choose from; assuming you stick to high pop servers. A buddy and I hit the NWAF yesterday on a popular server and all of the jails and tents were jam-packed with gear. However, the barracks were empty of anything but one or two mountain packs. I'm assuming server hoppers are only jumping the barracks in the hopes of finding new rifles. Maybe I'll try my luck in Zelenogorsk's military base. An Ak74-U would be cool to have tossed in my pack.

Quick question: is the pistol grip pump shotgun in game? And if so, does it fit in your backpack? Where does it spawn? How can I get my hands on one right now!!!?

Hopefully a mod makes a pistol grip pump that fits in your jacket.  BOOOOOM

Yeah you can't predict what buildings people are going to loot.  But what the patch has shown us is that if the place is looted, it currently gets looted for good.  The server compensates by spawning more loot, elsewhere that hasn't been player manipulated yet.  So whoever those hoppers in the barracks are, they are definitely not looking for any jail loot.