Luieburger

Odd deaths, logging in incapacitated. (With appropriate details)

Date/Time: 5/14/2012

What happened: I found a body at the top of a lighthouse. Looted it. Then selected "hide body" and climbed down the ladder. Somehow, the body bugged out and slammed into me and I got incapped, and needed to take pain pills and use a bandage. Then I couldn't hear anything. I'm not sure if that's a bug, or if it's a game feature making me deaf when I get beat up.

Either way, logging out and logging back in fixes the sound, so I did that. But when I logged in I was incapped on an extremely long hourglass timer. Even though I had logged out fully bandaged and standing up just fine.

And when the hourglass expired, I couldn't get up. Thankfully I had recently died, so I didn't have anything important. I had to respawn to get started again.

Where you were: Some lighthouse near a very rocky coast. Not sure exactly where.

What you were doing: Dragging a dead body while climbing down a ladder.

*Current installed version: 1.5.7

*Server(s) you were on: Not Sure. Hardcore mode

*Your system specs: i5 3.1ghz Intel. 8GB Ram. ATI 5830

*Timeline of events before/after error:

Climb ladder

Loot Body

Drag Boddy (without releasing)

Climb down ladder

Walk through door and get incapped

Get up, bandage, pain pills

log out due to sound not working

log back in incapped

respawn

The only thing that happened to me is the long hourglass thing. I got shot to death, respawned with it, let it finish in about 5 minutes, then couldn't stand up or move but I could shoot my invisible gun. I've tried switching servers but nothing helps.

I currently have the same problem. (No hourglass though)

What happened: Was outside Electo when server was restarted. When I came back in im on my back and can't move at all.

Where you were: Northeast of Electro up the hills.

What you were doing: Nothing

*Current installed version: 1.5.8.4

*Server(s) you were on: EU20 Arcus

*Your system specs: Quadcore 8GB RAM ATI6970

*Timeline of events before/after error:

Had this happen on the last ver (1.5.7 I think). A bandit spawnkilled me (and I got swarmed by zeds). When i restarted, screen was grey with the hourglass. I waited it out, and found I could only crawl in place, take no actions, and fire an invisible gun. I tried on another server, same thing -- had to wait for hourglass, then stuck in place. Had to re-spawn to fix it.

I'm having the same issue.

Date/Time: 3PM EST May 25th

What happened: Logged out perfectly fine last night at my tents. Logged back in to TX1, fell over and couldn't do anything (open backpack, change chat channels, move or free look). Disconnected and logged back in to the same server, had the same issue. I left the server and connected to Thailand1. On Thai1 I was back perfectly fine like I was the night before, with no case of the 'fall overs'. I logged off thinking it was all good, and went back to TX1 to access my tent. When I got back in on TX1, I was on the coast still laying down, but this time I had randomly dropped to 9k health and was bleeding out, unable to move or do anything. I disconnected, went back to Thai1, and everything is back to fine except that I lost 300 HP (the 3 ticks of bleeding out that happened on the other server). I was back in my original location, running around just fine.

Where you were: In the wilderness above Stary a ways, and then randomly on the coast, then back to the wilderness.

What you were doing: Nothing, logged in after logging out perfectly fine the night before.

*Current installed version: 8.4

*Server(s) you were on: TX1 (where the weird shit happened) and Thailand1

*Your system specs: Win 7 x64, i7, 570GT, 12gb ram.

*Timeline of events before/after error: See 'What happened' I logged out perfectly fine near my tents. Came back in and the game decided it wanted to taste dirt.

Same thing has happened to me too, only no cause for death or injury, just logged back in on the floor. First time I had an hourglass trickling down very slowly, I waited 5-10 minutes and it reset. Second time no hour glass, I waited a good 10 minutes to no avail.

The server is irrelevant, I tried others and the position is the same.

*Current installed version: 1.5.8.4

*System Specs: Win 7 x64, i7, 670m, 12gb.

*Timeline of events before/after error: See above.