Sign in to follow this  
alle1989

Improved Zombies and PVE in general

Greetings,

I'd like to share a thought with you all. DayZ is a post-apocalyptic zombie survival game. Except for the fact that zombies are nothing more than a simple annoyance. You are in the middle of a firefight, and a zombie comes up to you. It's okay, just shoot his face and keep on going. There won't be another one for a while. Back in DayZ Mod they used to be more numerous, but still nothing more than a fly on your ear. 

So I propose the following:

1- Make different kinds of zombies -  Zombies that can't run. Zombies that run. Zombies that run really fast. Zombies that are stronger. Zombies that can't die from body shots, only head shots. This will add a bit of diversity to the game, and make it more challenging when it comes to PVE.

2- Different Zombies spawn at nighttime - There could be a certain kind of zombie that spawn only during the night. For example the very fast one I mentioned above. It could be a creature that spawns only during the night or rarely during the day. Or maybe the stronger one spawns frequently during the day and rarely at night.

3- Zombie hordes - We all had that moment when our group ran into a bandit group and a big firefight started. One we had to focus 100% on. How about if we ran into a horde of zombies. These could show up at cities or randomly at the map. The whole point is to give survivors a different battle to fight. Instead of hiding in a building waiting for a sniper to move and reveal himself, survivors would be hiding on the buildings to avoid the horde until it goes away or to hold it off. Players would have to stop what their doing to focus on surviving the horde.

The whole purpose here is, again, to make zombies a more significant presence in the game. After all, DayZ is still based on the zombie apocalypse.

Please, let me know what do you guys think about this.

Cheers o/

Edited by alle1989
  • Like 1

Zombie numbers and improvements will come with server performance.

• Like 2

Zombies will be more numerous in the future. Hordes are also a planned feature, last I checked. I'm not sure about the different zombie types though.

• Like 1

I think there was talk of a "zombie life cycle". The idea being that infected in different stages of the disease would behave differently.

• Like 1

That's good to hear. I love PVP, but sometimes I feel like zombies play too little a part on the game. Once you master how to kill or avoid them, they become nothing more than an annoyance. It would be nice to see zombies f****** stuff up if you get too careless.