Sign in to follow this  
mixmastajingles

Lag and such?

I know everyone hates the lag that currently ravages our gameplay. Can we expect lag fixes sooner than later or is the lag one of the last things to be worked on after all features are implemented?

Will the new renderer really fix the lag or just mask the fps drops in cities? I know most of the problems are pure desync and server load. A renderer is supposed to only fix FPS right?

I would like some info because if the lag isn't fixed by at least 40% soon i think it would be better for me to just put the game down until next year. It is very difficult for me to even test the game at this stage.

I hear .50 is supposed to fix some lag but that was said about the last couple patches and they did 0. Anyone testing .50 please throw me some info! thanks

Most of client-side optimization will haben in beta, and there will be definitely none before the new renderer is in.

As for server-side-performance: It's an ongoing process they work on it, but there wont be any milestones before the game is feature complete, what means beta.

So yeah, if you cant play it right now, it seems you will have to wait a bit longer, sorry.