KilltheInfected

Spawn on coast glitch with existing character.

Date/Time:

5:30 pm

5/14/2012

What happened:

Logged on to server, loaded existing character which was last left at stary sobor but was instead spawned at the beach(as a new character would).

Where you were:

Stary Sobor area.

What you were doing:

Logging in, should have spawned at last location.

*Current installed version:

*Server(s) you were on:

KC1? I don't honestly remember.

*Your system specs:

phenom II quad core 3.0 ghz

geforce gtx 275

4gbs ddr2 ram

*Timeline of events before/after error:

Yes, it seems as if the arrival of 1.5.7 messed up the spawns. Me and a teammate were supposed to spawn between Cherno and Elektro, but we spawned on the opposite sides of the map and got killed by zombies and other survivors.

I was in stary sobor with all silenced weapons' date=' plenty of food ammo and smoke grenades... downloaded 1.5.7 and spawned on the coast... Somebody thought they'd be cute and immediately open fire on me. I died and lost all my gear with absolutely no chance of survival. Did everybody spawn on the coast when joining a server with the new update for the first time?

[/quote']

Yep, we all got spawned to the coast. Lotsa guys lost gear to the spawn pukes.

Don't remember other updates wiping our locations like this.

I managed to get out ok, but guys like you got shafted, for sure.

It's an Alpha, expecting to keep your character 100% in tact of the time isn't very wise.

People shouldn't really be playing to gain something, it's an Alpha, and thus should be trying the game out and reporting on issues, bugs, and general thoughts on the game.

It's fine to report this teleportation to the coast, but don't do it out of anger. And especially don't do it because you've lost something that is inherently not permanent.

No, the main database had to be restarted due to epic server lag that was happening. Most player data got corrupted and many got beach spawned. I have also lost more gear than you could ever dream of to stupid things like this. yet starting over fresh is new and exciting to me. I find that once you get too attached to your gear, the game play stagnates a bit. I say spend it all like money on some dumb and risky things, and then rinse off with a fresh dip in the coastal bean wars after death!

Spawned on the beach as well, still have all my gear though, not a big deal. It's an alpha, things like this are to be expected. (If you can't deal with it, come back when it's in beta)

Well, that bites but it's not all bad news. I was dead after my 'friend' shot me in the face but due to the restart, I got my stuff back!

I understand its an alpha, I also understand that my rant is justified, so take your pious mightier than though attitude and gtfo of this topic.

To those who posted something of significance, thank you.

Now that I have only a makarov I'll have a great time fighting the 50 plus zeds between me and my 2 mak clips and can of beans... Let alone the a holes who feel the need to open fire on people on the beach.. Luck bastard just got a s***load of awesome stuff.

I understand its an alpha' date=' I also understand that my rant is justified, so take your pious mightier than though attitude and gtfo of this topic.

Now that I have only a makarov I'll have a great time fighting the 50 plus zeds between me and my 2 mak clips and can of beans... Let alone the a holes who feel the need to open fire on people on the beach.. Luck bastard just got a s***load of awesome stuff.

[/quote']

Well most people do not understand that putting a few letters in the combination of ALPHA on something does not mean the guys playing it in their rare spare time do not want to have fun.

I understand its an alpha' date=' I also understand that my rant is justified, so take your pious mightier than though attitude and gtfo of this topic.

[/quote']

You reacted as if I stepped on your soul. Further lending credence to my argument of not doing something out of anger. Especially when my post wasn't even inflammatory. You're just trolling yourself apparently.

Wow, people cannot see reason and/or acknowledge a reasonable counter-argument.

Later.

If its a geniune case send us an email and we will restore your previous characters profile.

It wasn't the glitch that caused my loss of loot and what not, and that's not even what pissed me off. It was more or less the combination of a glitch that spawned me in front of someone who just felt the need to shoot on sight just because... eh.. thus is the nature of the game. But I do believe that standing around the coastal tree line to snipe people spawning in is messed up.

If you disagree, that is fine.. no need to bring up how much more intellectual you think you are than someone else. Your pseudo intellectualism reeks of ego and pretentiousness.

Edit* I am aware it is an alpha and things like this happen, see I would be fine if I spawned on the coast and had to start from there. I'm not okay with being forced to spawn on the coast and with in 3 seconds being killed... that shouldn't happen.

Anyone else experiencing coastal spawns after the new update, post here to let the team know. It might be a minor bug or something to do with the server spawning, nevertheless if it's common and has potential to persist across future updates, it's definitely worth noting. If there is enough response I will move this to the 'Bug Reports' section.

I didn't personally experience this so won't jump to conclusions as of yet.

Cheers.

Yeah. Happened to me today as well. I dont mind the loss of gear. I just want to know if my cars are alright. I left em far from the coast and filled with nice gear that took me ages to stockpile. I havent managed to get up that far yet to check on them, so if someone could tell me if cars were excluded from this whole teleporting business, I would pollute my breeches with delight

It happened to a friend of mine, and then myself when I logged in tonight. We both escaped unharmed though.

Spawned at the coast (should have been at the power station north of Elektro), however I had all my gear. Happened to 2 other guys in my group as well.

Nobody shot me :)

Thanks KilltheInfected, appreciate it. Moved to Bug Reports.

Anyone else who can post more information as per bug report format, please do. The more information the devs have, the easier it is to diagnose the bug.

Cheers.

Date/Time: May may 13th 11:00 pm - May 14th

What happened: The server spawned me in the middle of the wilderness and will not save my spot when i log out.

Where you were: Original location before update : Electro, After update: Wilderness

What you were doing: Updated the version.

*Current installed version: 1.5.7

*Server(s) you were on: EU (all of them) and all the US servers

*Your system specs: Windows 7

GFX card: AMD Radeon HD 6700

Intel Core i5

*Timeline of events before/after error: Was playing yesterday and logged off in Electro to update. After update I spawned in the middle of nowhere near the coast. I walked to a town then logged off again and spawned in the exact same spot as I did before.

Date/Time:

6:30 pm cdt

5/14/2012

What happened:

Logged on to server, loaded existing character which was last very far north of coast but was instead spawned at the beach(as a new character would).

Where you were:

Don't know. Sorry.

What you were doing:

*Server(s) you were on:

US1 hardcore

*Your system specs:

Intel i7 930 quad core 4.2 ghz

geforce gtx 680

6gbs ddr3 ram

*Timeline of events before/after error:

Logged out last night before patch. Logged this afternoon to pick up where I left off. Was killed by bandits trying to leave the coastal town.

Date/Time:

8:41 GMT+2

15/04/12

What happened:

Logged on to server, loaded existing character which was last very far north of coast but was instead spawned at the beach(as a new character would).

Where you were:

Near NW airfield

What you were doing:

*Server(s) you were on:

FI1, some EUs.

*Your system specs:

Intel i7

geforce gtx 5600m

8gb ddr3 ram