Sign in to follow this  
Widget (DayZ)

Hosting support help finding cheater?

I have private shard rented. I know that I can't have access to server logs, it is understandable and I agree with that point of view.

My server is whitelisted but somehow a cheater managed to break through. So I have collected data from players, nicknames and times when they got killed and wrote a ticket to support. I asked them to tell me cheater name so I can ban him. After few posts when I tried to explain "I DON'T WANT ACCESS, I WANT NICKNAME" I finally got an answer:

"Disclosing a player name from the log files is considered partial access to them and, therefore, it is not allowed by Bohemia Interactive."

Devs. What is your statement about this? I know you don't want to share logs, great, I agree with you. But shouldn't support help me with this case? Is it only their will to help me? I think this case should be clarified as soon as you don't share log files. Server rules says also I can ban players. How can I ban somebody without knowing a nickname?

If not here, where can I write to talk about this case?

• Like 1

Server rules says also I can ban players. How can I ban somebody without knowing a nickname?

Yes this is actually total nonsense from the DEVs.

• Like 1

I always have the feeling they add more and more rules and guidelines, but they forget to check if they even make sense. Like your allowed to ban people.. BUT.. we cant help you figure out who is actually cheating..

Its only a name that you need, what is the harm in that..

• Like 1

yah they came in and looted every good spot on my newly rented server within 30 minutes may just toss this game and server in the trash

Yeah it's pretty much a scam right now.  My group's private shard already failed due to these issues.  How are we supposed to enforce server rules or ban anyone if we can't see what's going on?

• Like 1