Sign in to follow this  
Daks-SiN

Run Speed - too constant?

I'd like it if speed was affected by the weight of what you are carrying and perhaps even your energy levels (food).

I started thinking about this after a recent encounter.

I was caught unaware by two guys and it ended up in a chase, they came across me while I was in a bit of a bad spot - . I was down to 6k health, out of bandages, had no food and I was starving to the point of losing life.

I had looted my friend after a gunfight at the airfield and had his SAW in my backpack while carry an MK in my hands. The rest of my alice and inventory were filled with ammo. They should have been able to catch up to me and take me down but because I could run at the same speed I was eventually able to juke them in the trees.

I feel as though my options should have been limited to either dropping some stuff, hiding in a bush or taking them on.

I'd like it if speed was affected by the weight of what you are carrying and perhaps even your energy levels (food).

I was caught unaware by two guys and it ended up in a chase' date=' they came across me while I was in a bit of a bad spot - . I was down to 6k health, out of bandages, had no food and I was starving to the point of losing life.

I had looted my friend after a gunfight at the airfield and had his SAW in my backpack while carry an MK in my hands. The rest of my alice and inventory were filled with ammo. They should have been able to catch up to me and take me down but because I could run at the same speed I was eventually able to juke them in the trees.

I feel my options should have been limited to either dropping some stuff, hiding in a bush or taking them on.

[/quote']

Running forever? Very very unlikely, though there is a guy who can run forever, but I've only heard of one.

Out running people in your situation? More than possible. Adrenaline, being the chased has a higher amount due to life in danger rather than excitement or thrill of the chase.

I'm not sure what you mean about running forever... I'm not so concerned about the ability to keep running. More so in the speed in which I can maintain regardless of what I'm carrying.

While I'm sure adrenaline would play its bit, eventually being over burdened by weight would slow me down.

I'm not sure what you mean about running forever... I'm not so concerned about the ability to keep running. More so in the speed in which I can maintain regardless of what I'm carrying.

While I'm sure adrenaline would play its bit' date=' eventually being over burdened by weight would slow me down.

[/quote']

No, Adrenaline plays a HUGE part and eventually you'd be slowed down yes, but not while the adrenaline is pumping. A quote.

The Fight or Flight Response

The term "fight or flight" is often used to characterize the body's reaction to very stressful situations. It is an evolutionary adaptation that allows the body to react to danger quickly. Dilated air passages, for example, allow the body to get more oxygen into the lungs quickly, increasing physical performance for short bursts of time. The blood vessels contract in most of the body, which redirects the blood toward the heart, lungs, and major muscle groups to help fuel the reaction.

When a person encounters a potentially dangerous situation, the hypothalamus in the brain signals the adrenal glands to release adrenaline and other hormones directly into the bloodstream. The body's systems react to these hormones within seconds, giving the person a nearly instant physical boost. Strength and speed both increase, while the body's ability to feel pain decreases. This hormonal surge is often referred to as an "adrenaline rush."

As for the running forever, it's not very realistic for the general population (since we can run forever in game) as I've only ever heard of one person being able to run forever (No, not Forrest Gump). Though, not really your point I guess, but goes with the title of Run speeding being too constant.

No' date=' Adrenaline plays a HUGE part and eventually you'd be slowed down yes, but not while the adrenaline is pumping. A quote.

The Fight or Flight Response

*.......allow the body to get more oxygen into the lungs quickly, increasing physical performance for [b']short bursts of time.

I'm not disputing this.

Perhaps being shot at should increase you run speed "for short bursts of time" if over burdened and running slower than usual.

speed and weight would be good make more sense.

think the zombie run speed way to fast