santyclaus

Mi-8 Helicopter?

Hey there :)

About two weeks ago - I don't remember the exact date - some guy in the chat (BullDoggy) said he'd be in control of a helicopter and willing to pick people up and fly them to locations they'd like to visit or just go to.

So.. I gave him my location and he picked me up with the helicopter you can see in the video. It definetely was a Mi-8 and I didn't know it existed in DayZ since it's not listed on the offical Dayz Wiki nor have I seen it before.

Can anyone explain me where he got that helicopter?

I was quite new to the game so I didn't care as much and simply enjoyed my first ride in a helicopter :3

When was it ever in-game? Anyways, now yes that is an illegal vehicle. AVOID IT!

Hacks, shoot him next time and avoid entering vehicle. It was available in pre alpha but taken out.

I saw and killed a ka-52 military heli. Hax ?

"Good Guy Greg "decided to risk his account to help people get around faster :D

Why shoot him ? Hes just gonna spawn a new one or nuke the server because he tried to help you out and you back stabbed him. I'd rather roll with it and have a nice day :)

If it was two weeks ago, he was cheating. If it was two (?) months ago, it would probably be legit.

mi8/mi17 was the original dayz heli but was replaced by the huey early on. so the one you saw was probably hacked in.

It definetely wasn two months ago.

If you take a look at the debug info you can already see that the temperature was available.

That's not too old I think (:

And I didn't shoot him because I was fairly new to the game and happy toencounter my first helicopter. This guy also seemed kinda nice so I decided to just enjoy the ride :)

Little Bird was in Dayz Also but it was removed in 1.5.3 , it was in pre alpha i think

MI 8 was in also but no information is it still in or has it been added now or what. Because Ural just appeared ingame , wiki had no information about it in 1.7

My question was ignored :S

IS THERE A KA-52 military heli in the game?

YES / NO ?

Yes there's a Ka-52 in Arma2, no it's not included in the mod and therefore illegal.

Well,hax are bad,but it seems that this guy've decided to use hacked vehicle to help others out and I dont see a huge problem with that.I hope he will get away with a warning instead of the ban.

Yes there's a Ka-52 in Arma2' date=' no it's not included in the mod and therefore illegal.

[/quote']

Than it was a cheater. I have a video shooting down this idiot :D

Wow I don't wanna be responsible for this guy getting banned. He seriously seemed pretty nice and I just wanted to ask whether the helicopter is in DayZ or not :s

@van1tY

It was about 2 weeks ago. i was there too. hiding in cherno to snipe players from the industrial roof (yeah, shame on me i know) to try my new svd camo.

suddenly i heard a chooper starting and i saw the Mi8.

some facts that it was hacked:

- the mi8 was prealpha only

- he crashed before

- he asked for passengers (you migth remember that) after he crashes

he took off behind the construction site in cherno. i remember his name, i don't remember yours, but i remember the situation and i remember your conversation. its funny to see that it was filmed for youtube.

very nicely done but stay away from hacked stuff (=

many greetings from germany