Sign in to follow this  
Death By Crowbar

So I finally found a tent... any tips?

Can someone confirm if leaving backpack with items on persistent servers does the same as leaving them in a tent?

I can confirm. You can even drop weapons, they won't disappear after restart. Just remember, clothes randomly disappear from backpacks, especially when there are items in them, same with tents. Not sure if it is related or a bug or something. Also, sometimes server won't load (or you wont be able to see) your backpack that you put in there (happened to me once) so you have to log out and join the server again.

Given how glitchy the tent is (at least through my own experiences on persistent servers) don't put items you're not willing to lose in there. Stack it with tools, food, water, medical etc but I wouldn't risk putting in any guns and ammo unless I was carrying second one in my hand.

Put it in a place far from the minds of people. You've got to run a good hour to get there? So be it, you're paying a small price to keep your stuff safe and a location that, if everything goes well, could be improved upon as more features are included. Also I would keep it away from the northern areas, it seems that's where all the new towns will be made for a long, long time and so naturally people will be drawn to it. 

And as Sleeves said, plan ahead. Always consider future possibilities to make life a bit easier.

I would personally hold onto it until everything is working well and just deal with having so much of your backpack taken up. Don't really trust the system atm.

I must be really lucky, tonight will be two weeks for some of my backpacks and just shy a few days for my tents.

Last time I was in camp was Tuesday, and I was headed back last night before I logged, when I get back on I should make it back there by late tonight (long run). I can update with my experience.

Tuesday may have even been two weeks already for one of my hunting packs, and nothing has been eaten and no backpacks have walked away. I do store them inside the tent if that makes any difference.

If everything is all good, I will take some screenshots and wait another week or two and double verify.

You also want it to be accessible if you are a new spawn. Not in the far reaches of the map.

You also want it to be accessible if you are a new spawn. Not in the far reaches of the map.

I hear the park in Kamiwobo has some room still.

Screw tents man.. no matter how tucked in ass deep in butt f*** egypt you hide it in the woods, someone will ALWAYS find it eventually.

Screw tents man.. no matter how tucked in ass deep in butt f*** egypt you hide it in the woods, someone will ALWAYS find it eventually.

Maybe so, and thats why you place 2-3 tents, and swap them between servers.

Maybe so, and thats why you place 2-3 tents, and swap them between servers.

Yeah this works, although usually results in 2-3 empty tents.

Edited by Borges

Yeah this works, although usually results in 2-3 empty tents.

Tent inventory is glitchy. You have to put ad item in it usually to see whats already there.

Edited by KrackProphet