Sign in to follow this  
aquamonkey

Where can I find a press vest these days?

Hmmm by moot which definition do you mean ?? is it that its open for debate?? if so no because thats a tactical vest as was seen in the game earlier this year. It has a different model (which if you were observant you could easily see the difference in the model ) it also had a different amount of storage to the the assault vest which was also present at the same time.

If we were to follow your brilliant lines of deduction there would be no reason to call any pants in game anything other than just pants regardless of if the model is different or carries more or less storage as they serve the same basic function ( or guns for that matter)

If by moot you meant having no practical relevance? then why did you ask to see the difference between them ?? But i can say your input to the thread is definately moot( and in this case either definitions would be correct ).

Whatever dude, the vests are virtually the same and their function is the same. You're just arguing for the sake of arguing. A fucking assault vest is the same damn thing as a tactical vest.

Edited by Schweinsteiger

Whatever dude, the vests are virtually the same and their function is the same. You're just arguing for the sake of arguing. A fucking assault vest is the same damn thing as a tactical vest.

Not in the game, it's not. There was a time when the only vests in the game were "UK Assault Vest" and "Tactical Vest". The latter was later removed from the spawn tables.

I know that both items are de facto tactical vests, but since in the game those were two separate items at a time, you can expect to rise a lot of confusion if you use the term "tactical vest" in a general reference to all the vests in the game.

Ask anyone a question "Where can I find a tactical vest?" on this forum (incorporating your understanding of the term), and 9 out of 10 people will answer "They don't spawn". They will simply think in a more specific and accurate manner than you.

P.S: The Tactical Vest had identical stats as the UK Assault vest. Code wise, it was basically a copy and paste, with different name, description and mesh references.

P.S. 2: The Anti Stab Vest is the worst vest in the game. It can absorb the least amount of damage out of all chest addons before going to a ruined state. It's literally better to just wear a chest holster as additional armor. :)

• Like 1

P.S: The Tactical Vest had identical stats as the UK Assault vest. Code wise, it was basically a copy and paste, with different name, description and mesh references.

Boom!

Exactly my damn point.

They will simply think in a more specific and accurate manner than you.

Well, that's definitely debatable. Depends on the subject matter and how anal one wants to be. In terms of this thread I've been very clear yet previous replies have just been downright argumentative. I do appreciate your post as it proves my point/argument.  :D

Yes, I did say that.

But they are the same thing. A "tactical" vest hold mags/ammo. An Assault vest holds mags/ammo.

Does anyone have an in-game picture of the "tactical vest" from earlier this year so we can compare the two? It seems like a simple name change has occurred.

No, there's a Tactcial Vest which holds 8 Slots (Like the Uk combat Vests) and there's a High Capacity 12 slot vest.

As stated before they were removed a long time ago, but still lasted on players who kept them untill the 0.49 wipe

But there was no "simple name change"

This is also not fully true the tactcial vest could absorb more damage than the  Uk counterpart.

Edited by RyanH