integerdevourer

The Quest of the Holy Mountain Dew

This is an idea for bored players that was developed by me and a few friends. It can be a fun twist for those who have grown tired of getting killed in Elektro. :D

There are whispers that tell of a holy relic, rare in the land of Black Russia. It is said this green cylinder holds great powers. Some say it may humanity's only chance in the blighted times. Let the land hear its name: Mountain Dew.

Those seeking to save the land, must heed its call and announce its glory. The bearer of the Dew must travel across and anoint the land and drive out the pestilence.

How to play:

*Find a Mountain Dew

*Designate someone as the Dew Bearer

*Gather your party (example: Bearer + 4 Guardians)

*Choose the most distant city that has an enter-able Church from the Dew Bearer's current position. (include start and end)

*Announce to the server in side you are the bearer of the Mountain Dew and your quest.

*Each guardian must hold a green chemlight at night ("candlelight" parade).

*The group travels to the destination on foot and by roads.

*Safety of the Dew Bearer is paramount. Protect them at all cost! The Dew Bearer cannot defend themselves.

*Any town that has a church: The Dew Bearer must preform a cleansing ritual. The Bearer must sit in mediation for 30 seconds. (Either at the altar or the door)

*Once the Dew Bearer reaches the destination, you win!

What IFs:

*What if the Dew Bearer falls?

One of the Guardians take on the burden.

*What if other players want to follow?

Just like in normal DayZ, trust at your own risk! They do not need to carry chemlights.

*What if the Dew is consumed?

Game over.

*What if the Dew taken by someone?

Retrieve it at any cost!

149y0w8.jpg

What do you guys think? :D

Genuine lolz right here.

If I ever encounter a Dew that wasn't stolen, I'll be sure to take up this quest.

Question: Am I allowed to have CAS (Close Air Support) by players who aren't Guardians? XD

@Inu: It's usually best to have a small number of people on the Dew-righteous path. It don't know how fair it would be to the poor bandits if a vast majority of the server was against them.

This is an awesome meta-game. I want to get enough players together to launch a dew-quest!

sounds like a very hard task if survival is your main objective while having fun is your secondary obj. lol

...i've had the legendary dew...but was unaware of this thread untill now.. my next dew...I shall fufill this quest... maybe even alone!

I had some Mountain Dew but then some zombie cunts knocked down the building I was in and raped me.

I currently possess the Dew. I'm thinking of getting some players together to do the Quest AND STREAM IT!

Even better will be our encouraging streamers to join in the fun (either to kill or follow). I'll update when I have a better idea of when I can stream. :D

The Dew Bearer should also call for pilgrims to join his cause and accept all of those who want to join for it is a holy mission no one should be denied to be part of!!

I am definetly telling my friends to perform this holy task!

But wait, let's take this a step further and ask rocket to put in a Sunkist (with the same rarity value)

Then we must hunt down the church of the orange, for they defile the great Mountain Dew!

(in reality though, Mt. Dew and Orange Soda are awesome together)

I currently possess the Dew. I'm thinking of getting some players together to do the Quest AND STREAM IT!

Even better will be our encouraging streamers to join in the fun (either to kill or follow). I'll update when I have a better idea of when I can stream. :D

I can stream & record! I also have a TS3 channel for Comms!

We shall make a movie of the "The Quest of the Holy Mountain Dew"

Shit' date=' I drank my dew already

[/quote']

Basphemer!

I appreciate your enthusiasm' date=' but I've got a Mumble server and 2-3 streamers (who will act as part of the party). Still feel free to stream, though, any attention will be good. :D What I really need is a admin of a server to help with getting us setup (the five of us). From there, it's up to watchers and other players to join in the fun.

We are thinking on multicasting this weekend for Memorial Day. We've already chosen the start/end point. Here's what it will look like. (Edit: The course in Elektro should be leading to the Church, the final destination)

More to come!

I appreciate your enthusiasm' date=' but I've got a Mumble server and 2-3 streamers (who will act as part of the party). Still feel free to stream, though, any attention will be good. :D What I really need is a admin of a server to help with getting us setup (the five of us). From there, it's up to watchers and other players to join in the fun.

We are thinking on multicasting this weekend for Memorial Day. We've already chosen the start/end point. Here's what it will look like. (Edit: The course in Elektro should be leading to the Church, the final destination)

More to come!

I see, so.. you get as all excited and and then tell us to F off because you want to stream it with your buddies and get a few views in your channel. Well, I rather play than watch.

You should had been straight forward in your first post that all you want is an audience to bump your channels.

I see' date=' so.. you get as all excited and and then tell us to F off because you want to stream it with your buddies and get a few views in your channel. Well, I rather play than watch.

You should had been straight forward in your first post that all you want is an audience to bump your channels.

[/quote']

That's no way to go about it. I don't stream for a living, I just wanted some reliable people to work as the flagship Quest. If you are really that upset, I'm sorry. Maybe you can be part of the team. Just send me a PM.

THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE DEW

One does not simply walk into Cherno...

(In Gollum's voice)

-> "The Precious.......It has stolen the precious...."

-> "ANSWER ME BANDITSES!"

That is all.

Holy bump of mighty justice...

I found a can the other week and was in the mood for doing this, but then I died :(

I found a single can of mountain dew in my month of playing DayZ. I was waiting with a friend and he stole it from my backpack. He said "Hey look at this" and consumed the holy dew right infront of me. The arsehole.