Aidan The Enforcer

Sanctuary in Chernogorsk - A New Hope

Like somebody said.. join another server to get in place' date=' hop in and loot, dc before anybody knows you're there. Especially if its night.

[/quote']

Post it on youtube so we can watch you play the fiddle as your city burns.

I understand the doubt' date=' but in order to do something great you have to think big. In order for a single person to manage everything i believe it would have to have military like structure.

I would suggest that two to three people would be in charge for a rotation of personnel so our lives are not dedicated to this full time. I would also suggest the same for each of the sub tasks such as a set of "Captains" to manager local security, set of "Captains" for the organization of equipment collection, and a set of "captains" for the tasking of product organization into the proper tent organized, food, ammo, handguns, rifles, medical, ect... to which there would be small groups that would answer to the "captains" that in turn would answer to the "Commanders" or something.

[/quote']

People will always put down an idea. I don't think it would surprise you to hear that it will be incredibly difficult to begin, and practically impossible to maintain. But then again, what city has ever been infinite and without trouble?

I think it's worth trying. Day Z is quick becoming a game of fast looting, fast shooting, fast reloading. It rather defeats the feel of a survival mode simulation... what we need, is a project. Goals.

LOL.

1. Players will betray you. A lot.

2. Zombies will still be in town.

3. Cherno is a very big city. It's impossible to secure it all.

I understand we will have issues with personnel' date=' but there is a general idea that violence is generally driven by want. now this is a game so i will add the element that a game can become very out of balance. I feel some of the recent changes have caused this by accident. In the developers attempt to increase the sense of fear, confusion, and other stressful elements it has encouraged experienced, or seasoned players to hold up in cities where by they kill the noobs, or even the average player just looking for supplies. with no side chat new players cant get direction as we have become accustomed to in other games, but this also leaves out the ability to warn new players of some one in Cherno or Electro that is killing players left and right just for the sake of killing. So i'm now going to roll this into the zombie span comment. i will encourage every one to be armed, as i'm an american i i believe the same here. the only way for true protection is to be able to protect your self. so even with zombies spawning everyone in the core of the city would be capable of eliminating the problem, and we would have the food, medical supplies, weapons and ammo to remove the fear of the Z in Cherno center.

To completely secure the city would require 100's of players acting as security alone. that is why i'm hoping that where by adding free unlimited supplies it would encourage not just our security force to secure the are but the average survivor as well. You see i believe and hope that where by you give people someplace to get what they need after a bad day in the wastelands they will fight to help secure their own security.

TO be honest in my original draft of this plan i thought to require the removal of all weapons as you entered the city.and have it be a Survivor gun free zone but that seemed to encourage what everyone is pointing out over and over, bandit spawning in the city and zombies. Plus it goes against my personal beliefs, that why i would propose the opposite.

You biggest problem would be those nasty ServerHoppin' dickheads.

But hey, first step into a new Civilization :D

I have no problem with the casual player hopping from another server into out Cherno for supplies. But i am looking to arm all of Cherno, and an armed cherno is much safer and easier to defend then relying on just our personnel.

If things become bad enough the security force would have first dibs at certain weapons and ammo and what ever is determined to be excess would be freely available for distribution to the average survivor if things get bad. I'm reluctant to make that move as it would increase the lethality of a single player but maybe by being surrounded by such it would help keep it in check.

But I'm also thinking as players move to our server and look for equipment any excess equipment i would encourage to donate to the project to be re issues to the survivors where by making the collection of equipment easier.

My post wasn't to negate the enthusiasm and general creativity of the OP. It was to highlight potential (major) flaws that you need to have figured out before you even begin something like this :) I'm all for it. Hell, I'll be a security guard. But a lot of things need to be worked out beforehand :)

You biggest problem would be those nasty ServerHoppin' dickheads.

But hey' date=' first step into a new Civilization :D

[/quote']

You could hold car races' date=' bicycle races etc :)

[/quote']

You could hold car races' date=' bicycle races etc :)

[/quote']

yeah more than this ! xD You can make a market :D

Like somebody said.. join another server to get in place' date=' hop in and loot, dc before anybody knows you're there. Especially if its night.

[/quote']

Post it on youtube so we can watch you play the fiddle as your city burns.

I understand the doubt' date=' but in order to do something great you have to think big. In order for a single person to manage everything i believe it would have to have military like structure.

I would suggest that two to three people would be in charge for a rotation of personnel so our lives are not dedicated to this full time. I would also suggest the same for each of the sub tasks such as a set of "Captains" to manager local security, set of "Captains" for the organization of equipment collection, and a set of "captains" for the tasking of product organization into the proper tent organized, food, ammo, handguns, rifles, medical, ect... to which there would be small groups that would answer to the "captains" that in turn would answer to the "Commanders" or something.

[/quote']

People will always put down an idea. I don't think it would surprise you to hear that it will be incredibly difficult to begin, and practically impossible to maintain. But then again, what city has ever been infinite and without trouble?

I think it's worth trying. Day Z is quick becoming a game of fast looting, fast shooting, fast reloading. It rather defeats the feel of a survival mode simulation... what we need, is a project. Goals.

Once the original plan is completed, IF the original plan is completed then this opens the door to many things. But i would say before the entertainment factory is created, first secure the the goal. Then IF we can accomplish this we could expand to other items or maybe even looking to securing another location. North West Air Field come to mind for similar reasoning as Cherno, but the limited tactical options limit my encouragement of securing that location.

Now let me be clear i'm not looking to eliminate the PVP aspect of the game, that i believe whole heartily is a crucial park of this game. but i want to secure a corner of the world to attempt my vision of leveling the game in favor of the new players so they have a chance of surviving.

Well the main issue would be that you need NVG's for snipers if you want to stay on top of security. Also if you need military-grade weaponry it would make for quite a trek to get a larger haul for such a large amount of people.

As for the zombies have some axe murder gangs, I guess, since that won't mean you get tons of zombies attacking you all at once.

I wish you luck with it, though, and as far as the location is concerned it's not a bad choice, seeing as how you got access to lots of resource spawn points.

You guys need to rethink this, and do it in the same general area, but on top of a hill outside of natural zed aggro range. This would spawn such a horde of zeds in cherno with 30 + people in it, that it would be miserable to deal with. Do it on top of a hill, so you can overwatch, and people can get out of sniper rifle LOS without them moving so close to you, that the sniper rifle is actually worthless compared to a real assault rifle. And then surround the camp with sandbags, and wire in multiple rows, so that you can see when someone toolboxes them to make a path, allowing time to dispatch intruders. Also I would recommend, you consider adding a deer stand, or a comm tower into your base, as it would give you either warning via your overwatch being sniped, or allow them to LOS intruders from a distance with l85 or dmr.

Once the original plan is completed' date=' IF the original plan is completed then this opens the door to many things. But i would say before the entertainment factory is created, first secure the the goal. Then IF we can accomplish this we could expand to other items or maybe even looking to securing another location. North West Air Field come to mind for similar reasoning as Cherno, but the limited tactical options limit my encouragement of securing that location.

Now let me be clear i'm not looking to eliminate the PVP aspect of the game, that i believe whole heartily is a crucial park of this game. but i want to secure a corner of the world to attempt my vision of leveling the game in favor of the new players so they have a chance of surviving.

[/quote']

I think you can put me down as a resource if needed. I appreciate the game as it is now, but I agree on the idea that by making it more desperate (lacking resources and food) the mod has encouraged a rapid increase of PvP even where there is no need for it. I think another element would be the server hopping and d/cing, but those are problems that only the mod itself can solve.

The unfortunate truth is that, as much as we might want to establish something close to a fair society (even a fake, videogamey one) the most effective means of starting up a safe zone is a more militant rule. To protect and enforce you'll need something close to an army. To have an army you will need the resources, and for those you'll need gatherers.

It's a ridiculous amount of manpower. I cannot wait to see it unravel.

You guys need to rethink this' date=' and do it in the same general area, but on top of a hill outside of natural zed aggro range. This would spawn such a horde of zeds in cherno with 30 + people in it, that it would be miserable to deal with. Do it on top of a hill, so you can overwatch, and people can get out of sniper rifle LOS without them moving so close to you, that the sniper rifle is actually worthless compared to a real assault rifle. And then surround the camp with sandbags, and wire in multiple rows, so that you can see when someone toolboxes them to make a path, allowing time to dispatch intruders. Also I would recommend, you consider adding a deer stand, or a comm tower into your base, as it would give you either warning via your overwatch being sniped, or allow them to LOS intruders from a distance with l85 or dmr.

[/quote']

My issue is with the hill top "someplace" is it probably wont be easily found. That is the whole point of this ease of access. Users wouldn't need a map or compass to find us. Another part of my plan is if down the road and servers become capable of carrying more slots (I've seen a few over 100) we could expand the dream to cover the three major cities on the east coast and use boats to transport wares as well as cars between the different location where by turning the coast from a death trap is has become into the only safe area and pushing the action back into the mainland.

I've posted it a few time now but i'll add it again, anyone one interested in communicating with me about it please contact me on Skype @ "AidanTheEnforcer" with "Cherno" in the request. I will be happy to hear everyone who wants to communicate directly, as i find the best dialog to be verbal.

I would be interested to receive input regarding how you would go about with this so that i can take the different perspectives and see if i can assemble a more perfect plan then what i could compile on my own. I want this to be a group or community project.

Pretend to be a civilian, walk in all nice and comfy then kill the guards.

BOOM! Flaw... :)

Perhaps starting smaller with Elektro would be good but its worth a shot!

Additionally as people have pointed out. The current zombie spawn system doesnt really allow for this :( Maybe if they actually stayed dead for an hour or two.

I am in and subbed to this thread to keep an eye on it. I will fill whatever role you need, but I would willingly be a medic, sent with the convoy to fix any wounds, or to head out and help a player stuck with broken legs.

I don't know about cherno, but I'd be willing to try it. I think maybe a blank spot on the coast by cherno may be a better idea. Then you can have snipers overwatching the whole encampment, easily cut the territory off from vehicles, and you'd be free of the zed problem. Killing them over and over and over is going to drain ammo, especially with five people taking four shots at one zed....

I think that will be the biggest problems with zeds in cities, too many ppl will either shoot the same zed, wasting ammo, or no one will and assume someone else will.

Why not, instead of attempting and more than likely, failing, to govern a town, set up camp in a dense woodland area? Opposed to players coming to you, send out vehicles to supply and help people in need. I get that this is already an established movement among a few groups, and that you're trying to raise the bar, but with the current spawn rate of zombies and 'asshole bandits' I don't see this working.

I like this idea a lot and think it would be cool. Realistically holding the city for a long period of time would be impossible, but even if you just held it for a weekend or a saturday I think it would be pretty epic. Get the Freeside Trading company on board so they can set up a trading post. Maybe contact some of the medical clans to set up a clinic to treat injured players ect. Would be awesome.

You asked for feedback on the planning aspect, well here is what I would do with this idea.

Forget Cherno. I would take Kabanino.

Pros

-It is in between Stary Sobor and the NW Airfield, which are two hot spots for looting. It would give a reason for people to WANT to hold it.

- It has a water pump

-The church could be used as either you clinic of HQ.

-The three deer stands to the south could be great lookout points.

-The first town in each direction has a fuel source.

What I would do. I would hook up with Freeside Trading Co. and hold a trade depot every Saturday and Sunday (hours dependent on man power).

I would make use of every building there. Have each one assigned as something. I would make sure we had at least 4 thermal sites. This is the fastest/best way to spot incoming traffic.

Tell everyone to come into town with weapons holstered at the first barricade or they will be shot.

1 house would be the "slaughter house". Have several guards assigned as runners. They would run around the town aggroing any zeds that pop up and lead them to the slaughter house. In the SH there would be a minor medical staff and people armed with hatchets to take out the zeds and conserve ammo. Of course if they get overwhelmed switch to weapons.

Trading post is a must. That close to NWAF and SS plenty of high end loot would come in. Your hard working guards could take some time off to make loot runs for themselves.

Medical Clinic would be a must as well. Have to heal the troops. Also they could have an ambulance crew that would go out to make rescues.

Anyone dies in town save their stuff until their return.

As much I like the idea, I don't particularly see this as being successful. A better option may be to set up a camp near Cherno rather than inside to avoid zombie spawns...it might have been noted, I only read the first 2 pages.

Also, a secondary issue I see is distinguishing friends from enemies. With three skins and the general randomness of names being displayed at times it could present opportunities for bandits to farm quick supply.

I've been collecting medical supplies to help random friendlies I come across, and I love this idea! All the medics of Day Z want the same thing, a survivor hospital! and It would be much easier to try and establish it in this setting than in the middle of the woods!!

An interesting idea, as the Walking Militia founder this interests me greatly. I'll be keeping a watch on this.

I like this idea a lot, but I do see the limitations to it. You really do need a commited crew of people if you want it to work effectively. I'm gonna be keeping an eye on this as well. :D

this is a good idea, but it gose against what day z is know for, ofcorce i know i don't have to play on this server but like you said it would take atleast 50 people at a time to gaurd the city, there wont be room for actual civilians, and if you get a big slot server, its more likly to cras, i think you should instead set it up in a much small town across many servers so people know, if they realy need help, on many servers, this town is a good area to go to for it.

Hey bud I don't mind helping getting this started or whatever. I would much rather it be in like Bolota, which isn't to far from Cherno and the hangar base.

Also, for those talking about the major spawn problem. You could set it up on a dock since the zombie animation doesn't allow them to walk on there (may have been fixed but idk). Would make it a alittle easier to guard and keep people safe.

Anyway let me know!

Steam:Jameskai (This would be better)

Hmmm. I think devil is right. A smaller town is necessary as is outside help. Contacting the trading company and medics is a must. I may contact you and offer... my "services". Although as a bandit i am tempted to raid, however this seems too good to ruin.