Sign in to follow this  
barto300

Hiding your loot

I had a idea last after I played DayZ for a while.

It is possible to stash your loot in a tent or a car but those things are hard to find ( I have +50 hours and only fount a car and a tracktor, never a tent )

And now I was thinking. Why not be able to dig a hole in the ground and stash your belonings in there?

This is how it works:

A shovel is added to the loot dropping, If you find a shovel then you have the ability to dig a hole in the ground. You can place items in this hole and return anytime you want to add/take items to your liking.

Other players are also able to find your stash and take all your crap if they want.

Cheers

+1 from me. Reasonable and useful if you have too much in your inventory but don't want to just drop it in plain view. Just a slight dirt retexture in a small area around the stash that isn't too easy to see, and this idea would be perfect.

useless weight to servers. useless idea imo. gear means nothing. I can imagine a server choking cuz of 400holes under ground..hoarders stuffing it with everything

useless weight to servers. useless idea imo. gear means nothing. I can imagine a server choking cuz of 400holes under ground..hoarders stuffing it with everything

true, true.

There is already a shovel in game called an entrenching tool. I am ok with this idea, just make sure you search before posting, this has been suggested before.

+ 1 from me also, its what i would do in real life, id stash all my important stuff before i went to scavenge so i 1 would not lose it if i was "mugged" and secondly i would or could use it as a bargining chip for my life.... "stop dont shoot, i got blood and morphine stashed, ill mark it on your map just let me go"....

Nope.

It would almost be impossible for someone to find said loot unless they saw a player go there. Also, why not use bags instead just like STALKER. Stashing a bag is a actually a lot meaningful since its not impossible to find, they are many to come by, and they all have a limited amount of slots.

Just place a bag on the ground, stash loot in it, press save.

Way better idea than your hole idea, imo.