Sign in to follow this  
X1Alpha2

Melee Weapons on spawn

I actually like the game how it is, no other game is so hardcore, you can't trust anyone, you can run out of supplies very fast and need to loot high danger areas if you want to get some better stuff. I died twice since i started the game and i really like the idea starting with nothing at all but IRL i could defend myself against 1 or 2 zombies with my fists and feet so i suggest it would be cool to have a very low dmg knive or woodclub when respawning so that you still cant pull hordes but can defend yourself against one or two zeds. I think a pistol even if its only 1 mag is too much. But when i died i also hated running and running till i found a hatched or shoot one of those ultra loud lee's to pull the whole city and run out of ammo with one pull. Also i suggest to make melee weapons acceseble from the toolbelt so you dont have to put your main weapon on the ground or into a backpack (i know it's been suggested before and i read something about it's not possible with the engine but pls rocket, try everything you can :) )

tl;dr give players a low dmg MELEE weapon at spawn to fend off 1-2 zombies.

I like it. A small knife would work. We all have kitchen knives, and hell, even those can cut deep if used correctly.

Just being good enough to fend off one or two zombies at a time would be nice. Going rambo with a butter-knife wouldn't work, but having a defense rather than running several kilometers because you have nothing to fight with is a better alternative to how it is now.

I would almost rather everyone starts with a random melee weapon (bat, large wrench, metal pipe). If you start with a knife then you would be able to gut animals and so you are at an advantage right away. A bat, large pipe wrench or metal pipe would have no other use in game other than crushing heads.

I would almost rather everyone starts with a random melee weapon (bat' date=' large wrench, metal pipe). If you start with a knife then you would be able to gut animals and so you are at an advantage right away. A bat, large pipe wrench or metal pipe would have no other use in game other than crushing heads.

[/quote']

yeh thats what i think, thats why i said "or wooden club" ^^

but you pointed it more out a bit +1

I agree with the blunt object more. I mean really, in real life, everyone has a zombie killing object near by. Baseball bat, two by four, lead piple, hell, I would even pickup my dining room chair if I had to!

I agree with the blunt object more. I mean really' date=' in real life, everyone has a zombie killing object near by. Baseball bat, two by four, lead piple, hell, I would even pickup my dining room chair if I had to!

[/quote']

We also would not randomly be on the beach, either.