Sign in to follow this  
federik21

Slow zeds

At the moment, zeds running is SO strange.

They turn to make you to lose your aim, they run 1000 mph, they get killed by 1 m1911 in the chest and begin to walk inside buildings.

I don't like it so much.

IMHO, i prefere slower zeds (not really walkers, somewhat slower), with more senses, that would be killed only by headshots (no matter of what weapon), and slowed by shoting their legs.

An allerted zombie will make a great noise (war cry?) and attract more zeds, so also bandits would be alerted.

To balance this, i think more items you have, the slower you'll be, and maybe a panic button to drop the backpack.

This won't change nothing, because zeds don't kill people, only bandits and self errors do.

Sounds less like making it easier to survive and more like a giant mindfuckfest of noisy zeds.

If I'm not mistaken, the next patch remedies the walking through buildings issue.

One thing I do notice is the massive sprinting zombies do, then pause, then sprint. It looks less like an intentional setting and more of the whole "it's still a beta" deal. Zombies will probably have a much more consistent run speed over time, when it gets tweaked, since I doubt the devs actually meant to make them semi-rubberband when they sprint.

i was reading somewhere that he wants to make zombies more challenging and make it so you can not run away so easy, making it more difficult to face zombies. And more fun.

but now its so annoyng... they run faster than character, and thy make ridicolous turn while approaching...

And make it to be killed only by Headshot, and to move a bit faster than walking shouldnt be bad.