Azrail (DayZ)

Falling to death after connecting

I just connected to a server with older patchlevel, 1.7.1 on 93825 Name was DE #52, comming from a server on 1.7.1.5 on 93965, forgot the name.

I was north of Guglovo right to the east of a small barn, in the midst of a group of trees.

The incident happpened around 16:45 GMT+1 i think.

Right after spawn, i fell from about 25 meter to my death on the ground, i couldn't tell if it was the location where i logged off, but i couldn't find my body after running back up there, this sucked quite a bit.

I suspect the older patchlevel being the culprit, prior to this me and my group hopped a bit on 1.7.1.5 servers to find a decent one with daylight and no xhair etc, and eventually enhenced filter to older patchlevels.

the server we found unfortunatly wasn't decent for me.

I now know i will make sure to stay away from servers with not-up-to-date patchlevel.

same thing has just happened to me but was logging into a server that I play on all the time, dont know exact location but has nailed it for me, brilliant game, love it, but cant see the point in wasting time on it since i am 99% killed by stupid things like this, twice this has happened, both times with pretty good gear, I can survive against zombies, players you can live against if you think carefully about where you are and what your doing but surviving against 20ft drops = impossible

any input devs as to why this is happening? is it hackers or just some random bug?

any input devs as to why this is happening? is it hackers or just some random bug?

Its a bug.

And if you are worried about bugs screwing you over again and again, don't play this.

*hammers rilenz to death with the alpha test hammer*

Same after playing same character for 2 weeks. Last night i connected to a german server, spawned like 50 meters above my last location and fell to my death.