Maarten (DayZ)

Why did you shoot me.

I told him fine just get out of the market and leave it to us.

Are you the fucking mother of God? Since when that market became your property? I completely support that guy. Great job on him grabbing a rifle and shooting one of you to death. I would do the same. People like you' date=' who think that they are more equal than others, deserve to be shot on sight.

[/quote']

Are you serious? I have every right to tell him to get the hell out of the market. Its 4v1 and we just spared his life since we got the jump on him. Plus its Berezino he could leave and hit up many of the other loot spots.

Instead of being an asshole and killing on site without asking any questions, I kindly asked him to leave the market. I'm not gonna befriend the dude and share loot with him. Plus I really don't trust some random dude who says he friendly to get that close to us. Now because of the shit he pulled, me and my group kill every survivor we run into without asking a single question. Dont care if hes friendly or not.

these threads makes me giggle.. its about SURVIVAL' date=' if he needs a bandage he will most likely shoot you in the face for it.

[/quote']

Probobaly.

The sad/funny part is that if i ran into a player who asked me if I had a spare bandage I would just give it to him.

Not being a unimaginative bandit has it advantages and disadvantages. I´ve gotten killed a couple of times but at the same time I had a number of great gameplay experiences meeting random people that more then makes up for it.

I love the mod but the pking killed it for me' date=' and everybody that replies with okthnxbai can go jump of a bridge.

This is the best mod ever and i will come back when pking is not the biggest thread in the mod.

When i see someone that has a gun i always say ''DONT SHOOT'' and ''FRIENDLY'' but they always shoot me on sight, so this mod actually sucks in this stage and i hope that this will get better soon.

[/quote']

I have a personal policy of not shooting other players. That being said, you've been looting for probably an hour or two already by the time you run into XVXSniperXVX, so the gear you have on you is probably a good 10-20 times better than the gear that you can find just sitting on the ground in random building X. Other players are HIGHLY HIGHLY incentivized to try to steal what you have.

these threads makes me giggle.. its about SURVIVAL' date=' if he needs a bandage he will most likely shoot you in the face for it.

[/quote']

Probobaly.

The sad/funny part is that if i ran into a player who asked me if I had a spare bandage I would just give it to him.

Not being a unimaginative bandit has it advantages and disadvantages. I´ve gotten killed a couple of times but at the same time I had a number of great gameplay experiences meeting random people that more then makes up for it.

Well, then he'd only get your bandage. Where as, if he shoots you, he gets all the stuff you've looted, your gun, your ammo, and likely not as many zombies around as if he had just shot a random zombie to get the loot in some random house. Shooting you is a REALLY REALLY good deal. You've spent hours looting already, you have better stuff than any random drop.

What needs to change is that murder need to be penalized WAY more heavily, and random drops need to not be so abysmal such a high percentage of the time.

Social engineering is extremely unlikely to ever fix this problem because it's just statistically too worth while to steal gear from players as opposed to getting it from the wilds.

The other day had 3 friendly encounters, 4 if you include a scheduled trade.

First one was a group of us from FTC heading towards Cherno to get some medical supplies. Met a guy on the way and directed him to the trading post.

The second was me and another guy at Stary. I had 3 buddies to the South waiting for me to check the place out and as they were moving up I ran into the other guy after watching them for a bit. Told them I was friendly and from FTC and let them deal with the small horde they'd aggro'd. Offered some blood and his buddy showed up at the same time as my group. My 3 and I went through the military camp and then went North. They went through the camp after us and then went West.

Third meeting was with possibly the same group as the second, plus one more person. We'd just finished a trade with another person (4th friendly?) and were about to head out. Got in a standoff with the group and headed in opposite directions.

Not everyone is a dick :P

Edit: Use VOIP. It makes people less inclined to shoot you. When speaking to someone, key word is "we". "'We' are looking to go through Stary" got the response of "'We'??? I'm friendly!". Don't have a group? Play it up. Say "We're not looking for a fight. Tell us which way to go and we'll be on our way". That's a good one, giving them a choice of direction.

Well' date=' then he'd only get your bandage. Where as, if he shoots you, he gets all the stuff you've looted, your gun, your ammo, and likely not as many zombies around as if he had just shot a random zombie to get the loot in some random house. Shooting you is a REALLY REALLY good deal. You've spent hours looting already, you have better stuff than any random drop.

[/quote']

For me the risk are worth it as if it goes the other way around and the other player are friendly the chance of a fun encounter are pretty damn rewarding for me.

Needless to say I just stay away from the CoD places around airports, coastal cities and Stary sobor as the chance for interesting gameplay around there are slim to none for me.

IMO PvP definitely has a place in DayZ as it adds a interesting touch on how you play the game and interact with other people but the deathmatch gameplay that some people enjoy are not for me and luckely it´s pretty easy to avoid them.

Now if they just could add some equivalent to the bandit skin back in the game (together with some karma function) so it would be easier to spot people worth trying to interract with it.

...so is this a zombie game or a PVP game?

Both?

doesn't really feel like it anymore

I just support the fact that being friendly shouldn't require meta-gaming to be a valid play style.

How do you think every other clan/group in-game magically appeared?

Your feelings don't mean shit if you're actively avoiding finding a group for yourself.

Honestly what this comes down to is PvE players who want the game to punish PvP players so they can feel better. Just like in every past sandbox. "boohoo I was killing zombies why you kill me, game should punish you." That is your philosophy.

sorry to say this is your problem' date=' not the game's.

[/quote']

my problem? this game turned into DM with a food and water meter......thats not my fault.

No...it's not your fault, but it IS your problem.

I play the same game you go, and i don't have this experience at all.

Adapt.

z

I have very rarely had this problem... I always announce myself once I'm lined up for a headshot. My words are almost always as follows.

*Through Direct* "Hey Buddy I have a bead on your skull, move another inch and I fire. If you're friendly and need help I can patch you up, but my friend here will be watching you. If you're not friendly start running now"

My buddy is usually a hundred meters off with a sniper shot ready for the other guy. He kills the runners. I do not like bandits, and so far every runner has been a bandit.

Only time I've been even wounded recently was some cowboy who shot me in the face with an MP5SD mid-sentence (I was lucky he didn't have anything more powerful). I must have blown twenty rounds through his head before it donned on me to patch up (I managed to stop the bleeding at 400 and my buddy transfused me) But I never pull the trigger first. And it has served me very well. 21 days alive and counting, as well as a few survivors who know me as a perpetual friendly and have occasionally returned favors.

Oh and also, get off the coast.

Well' date=' then he'd only get your bandage. Where as, if he shoots you, he gets all the stuff you've looted, your gun, your ammo, and likely not as many zombies around as if he had just shot a random zombie to get the loot in some random house. Shooting you is a REALLY REALLY good deal. You've spent hours looting already, you have better stuff than any random drop.

[/quote']

For me the risk are worth it as if it goes the other way around and the other player are friendly the chance of a fun encounter are pretty damn rewarding for me.

Needless to say I just stay away from the CoD places around airports, coastal cities and Stary sobor as the chance for interesting gameplay around there are slim to none for me.

IMO PvP definitely has a place in DayZ as it adds a interesting touch on how you play the game and interact with other people but the deathmatch gameplay that some people enjoy are not for me and luckely it´s pretty easy to avoid them.

Now if they just could add some equivalent to the bandit skin back in the game (together with some karma function) so it would be easier to spot people worth trying to interract with it.

I don't want bandits to not exist in the game, I just want them to be 15% of the population, rather than 95% of the population :)

I have very rarely had this problem... I always announce myself once I'm lined up for a headshot. My words are almost always as follows.

*Through Direct* "Hey Buddy I have a bead on your skull' date=' move another inch and I fire. If you're friendly and need help I can patch you up, but my friend here will be watching you. If you're not friendly start running now"

My buddy is usually a hundred meters off with a sniper shot ready for the other guy. He kills the runners. I do not like bandits, and so far every runner has been a bandit.

Only time I've been even wounded recently was some cowboy who shot me in the face with an MP5SD mid-sentence (I was lucky he didn't have anything more powerful). I must have blown twenty rounds through his head before it donned on me to patch up (I managed to stop the bleeding at 400 and my buddy transfused me) But I never pull the trigger first. And it has served me very well. 21 days alive and counting, as well as a few survivors who know me as a perpetual friendly and have occasionally returned favors.

Oh and also, get off the coast.

[/quote']

I doubt very much "the only runners were bandits" and that none of those you forced to have a friendly interaction with you wouldn't have killed you if they didn't know you had a rifle point at their head before they even saw you. I'd think after the popularity of this video, guys like you wouldn't be so trusting just because someone's willing to play friendly with you.

Why don't you join a friendly clan' date=' or rally a few dozen survivors at Survivor HQ and go find a server to saturate? Then the ratio'll be more like 5 bandits with 45 survivors.

Most bandits are joining clans, working as teams, providing overwatch for each other, etc.

It is unbelievable how childish PvE players are; as if they're entitled to the same teamwork automatically by just running in the open yelling "IS ANYONE OUT THERE????" Years of playing games where they've done nothing but 'use pick axe on rock' a million times have dulled their brains.

[/quote']

I have 0 desire to team up with other players either. If I did, I'd play with the many people on my friends list who are always jumping in... I even mention that fact in another thread: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=19403&page=2

I spose that's also 'childish'? As opposed to making wild assumptions and pointing fingers with meaningless insults? Maybe a long look in the mirror, hmm?

Just avoid big cities/players unless you're ready and willing to shoot or be shot.

I've been watching some of ROOTDestiny's DayZ gameplay after watching his video on youtube "Destiny vs The No" (really funny by the way...should look it up if you haven't seen it yet.) In one video he was explaining to a friend that the only rational decision is to kill everyone you come across because whether or not it is in that other person's interest to kill you, you don't know and you won't know until your dead. Since the possibility of them killing you exists, the only way to keep safe is to kill them before they kill you.

I think this is where it falls on the developers of the mod to implement something to the gameplay to have incentive not to kill everyone you meet and be able to trust people through out the world more.

Until then, shoot to kill and QQ.

It is and will always be like this.

Deal with it.

The first place I visit when I respawn is a big city, you can get enough gear to survive for a while, and it doesn't take to long to find it. But, the problem I find is that I get to carried away, and want to check the next building, then the next, then the next until I get shot. I need to be smarter and get out of there rather than being to curious. :)

If you want to team up with someone really the only safe way is to have someone in your power who you could kill and don't, and who has better gear than you. Then at least that person knows that you could have easily gotten their gear and didn't. so they can trust your intentions. but you still can not trust theirs. If the other player wants to team up they can, if they want to kill you they can. But it separates out the folks who just kill for their own safety from those who kill for the fun of it.

I have had many encounters where I have been able to team up with folks, but in general most other players are a threat. I tend to only shoot after I have been shot at or after I see that player initiating a firefight with others.

In a real apocalypse small groups do better than loners. But those groups would probably end up scrambling for limited resources.

I enjoyed this mod to start with but now its kill on site all the time. I enjoy games for co-operative play with this mod does not seem to have. As it is now common to kill anyone that you see I just can't find it interesting anymore. The only reason I stuck with this for so long was other members of my clan playing it but I can be arsed anymore tbh. In my opinion the game play needs to be balanced better to reward co-operative game play and punish those who just want to pvp.

What I like is how the people who play the game as complete sociopathic assholes also feel their murderous activities are justified, just like real psychopaths. THey constantly harp on about "what it would really be like" and people who "deserve to die" then then smile their psycho smile and tell you it's just a game. Don't be so attached. It's your fault.

Download yourself a copy of the DSM IV. Read up on it yourself. There are people posting here as textbook sociopaths and I doubt very much it's just roleplay, more a case of them finally being able to act out their true nature with no consequences.

And now, defensive posts of denial and ridicule and some threats. Also in the DSM IV.

This game is based on these things if you dont like it then im sorry go post in one of the other numerous threads on this same topic. Request a PVE server but to be honest that is so beyond pointless. Where is the fun in that? There is no skill and no worry about other actual players with skill. Only dealing with brain dead cpu's

I have 0 desire to team up with other players either. If I did' date=' I'd play with the many people on my friends list who are always jumping in... I even mention that fact in another thread: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=19403&page=2

I spose that's also 'childish'? As opposed to making wild assumptions and pointing fingers with meaningless insults? Maybe a long look in the mirror, hmm?

[/quote']

So you don't want to team up with other players but you're angry that the strangers you meet in-game won't team up with you?

Otherwise why are you in this thread?

So you don't want to team up with other players but you're angry that the strangers you meet in-game won't team up with you?

Otherwise why are you in this thread?

You... Don't seem to be getting it. As I said, I don't want to team up with other players at all, and I don't want them to want to team up with me. I'd like a Single Player version. Maybe I'm not explaining it easily enough for you: "No other players in the game"... IE: I wont team up with them, they wont team up with me. I'm not, as you seem to think, bitter about them not playing with me (wwaah waahh ;) ), I don't want them there at all. I know it's sometimes hard for the current "MP is everything" mindset to understand, but... Well... I don't need other players in order to enjoy myself. In fact, more often then not, they are just a hinderance.

I'm not angry about it, otherwise I wouldn't play the MP version either. I just saw an oppertunity to mention my desire for expanding the mod to single player to help bring about a richer experince to all players,using the OP's issue and similar desire to platform it. Adding a SP would help make the mod appeal to all players, those here for the 'Battlefield with zombies' style PVP, and those here for the 'Bean eating simulator 2012' style PVE. ;)

I'm far from angry, and I think I'd encourage people who only played a single player version to also play the MP version, because it can be great fun. But, like many really great game I've enjoyed, the single player would be the most alluring to me. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't play L4D or Space Marine SP 24/7 and then call them the best bits, but, while I like having other players, the current server populations and their tendancy to grow bored and just camp good gear, or find ways to make life painful for others... Like barbwire all over every door way... Sorta kills the: "Alone and desperate to survive" feeling I so enjoyed when I loaded the game the first time.

For me, the greatest experince the game ever offerd was when I first loaded up, didn't know where I was, didn't know where I was going, and had no idea what I'd do to survive. Since then I've gathered huge backpacks full of rare and useful items... But each time I've died, be it by zombie, player or random rock or staircase, the best bit has always been spawning in a random place with only the shirt on my back and starting the desperate crawl back to 'equipped well enough to survive'. Other players, for me... And this might be different for you, and that's fine... Often add nothing to that experince except mic spam, chatter and stupid behaviour.

So, yeah... I'm rambling, but suffice to say, I encourage MP. I enjoy it. But I'd like a SP version to sandbox in on my own time as well. :) I'm not your enemy, trying to ruing your current experince, just someone who wants something slightly different.

You... Don't seem to be getting it. As I said' date=' I don't want to team up with other players at all, and I don't want them to want to team up with me. I'd like a Single Player version.

[/quote']

I've got nothing against single player games, and I think some one has already modded a DayZ single player version (though I think there are far better SP zombie games in terms of features & content).

I don't think that has anything to do with this thread though, completely out of left field o.O

So you go inland get a high grade weapon' date=' and head back to the coast to go kill new players?

[/quote']

is there anything better to do in this mod?

get great gear, use it in populated areas.

its a fucking dream come true. problem?

I've got nothing against single player games' date=' and I think some one has already modded a DayZ single player version (though I think there are far better SP zombie games in terms of features & content).

I don't think that has anything to do with this thread though, completely out of left field o.O

[/quote']

Oh, maybe you're right... Ahem. I was suggesting it as a solution to the OP's issue. I spose, in retrospect, that wasn't super clear. Sorry about that.

There was a single player version being made, but I understand the mod maker did everything they could to make an enemy of Rocket. While Rocket can be a sardonic jerk, I consider his creation brilliant and wouldn't support anyone who tried to yank that out from under him.

Too many losers in this mod that feel obliged to pvp when they have 'endgame' level gear. I've been to the airfield a few times but I don't go around killing players once I have good loot.

Know why?

Because this game is about SURVIVAL. After I have good weapons, I'll go around checking the smaller towns I haven't previously visited and get food and water to last me so I can SURVIVE. If you get bored once you have the best loot either:

Don't go straight for good loot and stick it out and explore

Or just go back to call of duty or battlefield for your death match, killing people in DayZ doesn't give you a bigger penis however much you may try.

I love the mod but the pking killed it for me' date=' and everybody that replies with okthnxbai can go jump of a bridge.

This is the best mod ever and i will come back when pking is not the biggest thread in the mod.

When i see someone that has a gun i always say ''DONT SHOOT'' and ''FRIENDLY'' but they always shoot me on sight, so this mod actually sucks in this stage and i hope that this will get better soon.

[/quote']

Oh darn the game is ruined we all have to reinstall COD naow. Thanks for informing us about this unacceptable behaviour. :D