Sign in to follow this  
DannyFilming

A realistic live action DayZ short. (retweeted by Dean)

Some of you may actually remember that I posted this 2 years ago: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/106405-please-give-me-feedback-on-my-dayz-in-real-life-script/

I had an idea for a realistic DayZ live action short film and I needed help finishing and polishing the script. A lot of you gave me a lot of good pointers and helped me mold it into its final form. Last year I got to actually make it for a film class and though a substantial amount of scenes were cut and/or changed due to project constraints I remain proud of the final product What you see here is the final form of the DayZ short film you guys helped me make. Thank you and enjoy!

• Like 11

I like it! It kind of captures my first days in Chernarus. Only my story ended with a bullet in my brain... I like the absence of dramatic music, it brings the atmosphere of the game into the film. If you close your eyes it actually kind of sounds like actual DayZ. Especially the gunshots.

Any chance we may ever see a more worked-out film?

• Like 1

I like it! It kind of captures my first days in Chernarus. Only my story ended with a bullet in my brain... I like the absence of dramatic music, it brings the atmosphere of the game into the film. If you close your eyes it actually kind of sounds like actual DayZ. Especially the gunshots.

Any chance we may ever see a more worked-out film?

All that was my intention from the beginning, so glad to hear I accomplished what I wanted.

The chances for a more worked-out version is slim to none since the whole crew went their seperate ways at the end of the year. But You can read the original script in the original thread.

Brilliant! I also love how the "FRIENDLY" truly captures the essence of what it is to play DayZ as non-KOS. He didn't know if he should leave, try to make contact, or what. Totally captures the spirit of the game.

... when he was resting against the car I almost expected to see a male zed come around the corner and do that silly roar with his hands in the air and charge!

• Like 2

Nice work Danny, congrats on plugging away, getting it done and getting your short out there, :thumbsup: :beans:

• Like 1