Berns

Bounty's on bandits

What do you think of having a bounty system implace for killing successful bandits? The better the Bandit the bigger the bounty.

All rocket needs to do is make it more possible to identify players in the game and players can make their own bounty system.

I think better skins for a higher murder count would be incredible. Though I believe the heartbeat sound would be much more audible no?

Bounties? No.

Could work if money had a place in this game, and you can't magically gift people food, water or ammo. So nope.

Bounties? No.

Could work if money had a place in this game' date=' and you can't magically gift people food, water or ammo. So nope.

[/quote']

I think he meant more player to player wise. So player x kills player y who is a bandit and in return player x gets loot from players that have put it up.

I hope that makes sense.

And this bounty is just kinda magically known by everyone? Do we all share a psychic link' date=' or something?

[/quote']

Rather than replying with a "well" thought out useless post, I didn't think I had to specify for you that it would be done on the forums, not in game. Next time I'll make sure I do.

And this bounty is just kinda magically known by everyone? Do we all share a psychic link' date=' or something?

[/quote']

Rather than replying with a "well" thought out useless post, I didn't think I had to specify for you that it would be done on the forums, not in game. Next time I'll make sure I do.

Given that this is someone else's idea and not yours, how can you tell how he intended it it to work? That said, by all means set-up this bounty topic on the survivor's forum. No one is stopping a forum-based bounty system from working; though admittedly proof of the kill would be hard to work out, but I guess that's for you to figure out if you decide to do this. Until then, an in-game bounty system is completely absurd.

[/quote']

Given that this is someone else's idea and not yours, how can you tell how he intended it it to work? That said, by all means set-up this bounty topic on the survivor's forum. No one is stopping a forum-based bounty system from working; though admittedly proof of the kill would be hard to work out, but I guess that's for you to figure out if you decide to do this. Until then, an in-game bounty system is completely absurd.

Oh yes I whole heartily agree with you about the in-game system. But yeah I'll give it a shot and your right proof of a kill would be hard to figure out. It would be worth a shot though, in my opinion.

All rocket needs to do is make it more possible to identify players in the game and players can make their own bounty system.

This seems more likely and more preferable.

No real currency, so this may be a bad idea. But the real bounty is the guys stuff and some humanity, you don't really need anybody licking your feet.

Well what about "Wanted" posters of say the top 3 Bandits on the server you are on. These can be placed all over the map at random intervals. A bit like in the Wild West, I guess, but without the currency - you just get to keep the loot and kudos for the kill.

I think you'd need to come up with an idea first.

Maybe when a bandit kills an innocent, they automatically leave a calling card of sorts. This gets placed within the victims inventory and cannot be removed.

A white slip of paper with the players name.

Lets face it, bandit behaviour is border-line psychotic, and calling cards - if the movies are to be believed - are common.