Sign in to follow this  
waylander (DayZ)

Tents

A question about tents.

I have recently found a tent and I’m looking for a place to pitch the tent and I do know that it will only appear on the server that you pitch it on and that only you can move the tent although other people are able to loot.

I also read on the wiki though that if you die the tent will disappear after a certain amount of time.

My question is this

If character A pitches a tent on server 1 and dies. Then goes to the tent and loots the tent can then character B take the tent down and then replant it ? Im assuming NOT but want some confirmation also how long does the tent last after death according to the wiki it used to be 2 days but is now 5 days can anyone confirm this.

If character A places a tent and then dies, character B can go and take the loot from the tent but will be unable to pack up the tent and move it. I'm not sure how long a tent will last after death, just be sure to save the tent when your done accessing it.

Once the person who placed the tent dies, no one can pick that tent up. As for how long it lasts, I don't know. I'm going on seven days now, so it's at least much longer than two days. I would hope they make it last for as long as you continue to access it while those that never get used despawn accordingly.