tezakian

Where does this thread go? Personal problems with the game.

I like this game, I really do. There has to be a reason after every death I eventually go back to playing it. It must be the immersion and the self set goals, along with the loot grinding and the large map.

My main problem, I did see a dedicated thread for this but I am not sure if this should go in there, is to do with the "PvP". I travel across the map looting random buildings, sometimes I go straight to NW airfield, sometimes I just wander about and try to help people. Either of these choices leave me with death.

The problem with NW airfield is that it is the best place for high end gear, and the most well known loot point for NVGs and other super rare items. Due to these items not spawning anywhere else, it makes NW airfield a very hostile place. The problem is, that it is so far away. If someone wants to get the best gear, they first have to spend about an hour trying to get there. Maybe less if they have a compass and work out exactly where they are. When you get there, you have to have a lot of ammo or spend a long time sneaking to actually get anything. If you shoot, you become a target. If you sneak, you will soon be spotted by either players or zombies anyway.

One shot is all it takes. You will never see it coming. In my experience, the first shot always hits, and always kills. No firefight. You never know who killed you. You never have a chance.

The problem with trying to help random people on the coast, is that even if you do have blood, and offer to heal them, a lot of the time they will shoot you anyway. Whether you have good gear or not, and even if you have the best of intentions, are not holding a weapon, have not shot at them when you had the opportunity, many people still kill you.

The only solution to this is to join them and become a bandit yourself. The only people who you can group up with and help reliably are friends you already know (Different time zones prevent me from doing this). Kill all else to be safe. (However I can't bring myself to kill random people who have not shot at me).

I don't understand the attraction to killing those who try to help you, or to killing random people on sight. I also do not see why all of the best loot has to spawn so far away, why not have a chance for high end loot to spawn anywhere at reduced chances?

Why isn't there a skin for high humanity to help prove good intentions?

Some people do just kill for the laugh but I think they're in the minority. I've killed numerous people outside Cherno before. Why? Because I was scared to venture into the town myself for supplies. I knew that I could kill someone who just gathered supplies and take their shit without putting myself in much risk. That's the name of the game: survival.

The bandit skin is already gamey enough, we don't need more of it.

Because there's nothing to show that you're working together other than the fact that there's someone else near you who hasn't managed to shoot you yet.

Maybe if the game made it possible to join squads or groups, things would get a bit better. Maybe if there were other goals it took a lot of people to accomplish.

The problem here is that you're trying to impose your play style on everyone else. This is sandbox zombie simulator with thousands of different people from all over the world playing together. Your values and ethical system does not apply to others. The game is what it is. It's up to you to adapt or die.

I felt the same way as you during my first few days in the game, but there came a point where I stopped actively seeking out people to help. It's just too dangerous in this game. The setting encourages "unethical" play for survivors/bandits to gain every edge they need. I think it's really an examination of yourself rather than others. What path will you ultimately choose? Turn to murder or slowly seek out your own path?

I suggest you find a steam group to join to find some consistent players to run with. Good hunting!

As a bandit, with the bandit skin, I kinda just go out there with a kill-or-be-killed mentality. Even if I cant be bothered wasting ammo on someone, if theyre in my area of operation (AO) I will kill them.