Sign in to follow this  
matthirsch@live.com

Help installing mod please?

I really wanna play DayZ but i cant figure out how to install it!

I am running ArmA 2 CO NON - STEAM, i download all the files, put them in the addons folder in @dayz, and do the whole changing the targert line in the shortcut, but when i run the game, there is no @dayz in the right corner, and when i go to join a server it says im missing all the files, please help this mod looks awesome i really wanna play it.

Cmon dude, actually read the important threads before posting such an obvious thread.

Possible problems:

- Forgot to extract the mod files.

- Had the mod files in the wrong directory.

- Added the wrong target line in the shortcut.

I am running ArmA 2 CO NON - STEAM' date=' i download all the files, put them in the addons folder in @dayz, and do the whole changing the targert line in the shortcut, but when i run the game, there is no @dayz in the right corner, and when i go to join a server it says im missing all the files, please help this mod looks awesome i really wanna play it.

[/quote']

Welp...

I am using Windows XP, so your mileage may vary.

I extracted (winrar) those magical seven files here:

c:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@dayz\addons

The first time I tried it, I also put them in:

c:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\common\arma 2\@dayz\addons

Is your steam in the 'usual' place like mine? My girlfriend has hers on the S: drive on her computer, so she put them here:

S:\Steam\Steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@dayz\addons

AS far as I know, by the way, the operation arrowhead directory is the proper one.

Other than than, I'd be perplexed why it isn't working. That's all I did, aside from doing this in Steam:

Right click Operation Arrowhead. On the General Tab, click 'Set Launch Options' put: -mod=@dayz in the box (optionally, you can add -nosplash)

When you click play, be sure to click the bottom option 'Combined Operations"

L

Yes Disgraced, your directory structure looks fine (it should be in Arma2:OA).

It should be working fine from what you said. You can try launching the game from the Arma2:OA directory directly:

1) Right click on ArmA2:OA.exe

2) Create shortcut

3) Right click on the shortcut - properties

4) Add "-mod=@dayz" without the quotes to the target line

5) Run the shortcut

Cmon dude' date=' actually read the important threads before posting such an obvious thread.

[/quote']

The reason i have put this thread is cause i did all the instructions on how to install, it didnt work, and i did everything everyone told me, and it just wont work, ive spent 3 hours trying to get this mod running, and thats a while, especially for a mod.

I am running ArmA 2 CO NON - STEAM' date=' i download all the files, put them in the addons folder in @dayz, and do the whole changing the targert line in the shortcut, but when i run the game, there is no @dayz in the right corner, and when i go to join a server it says im missing all the files, please help this mod looks awesome i really wanna play it.

[/quote']

Welp...

I am using Windows XP, so your mileage may vary.

I extracted (winrar) those magical seven files here:

c:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@dayz\addons

The first time I tried it, I also put them in:

c:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\common\arma 2\@dayz\addons

Is your steam in the 'usual' place like mine? My girlfriend has hers on the S: drive on her computer, so she put them here:

S:\Steam\Steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@dayz\addons

AS far as I know, by the way, the operation arrowhead directory is the proper one.

Other than than, I'd be perplexed why it isn't working. That's all I did, aside from doing this in Steam:

Right click Operation Arrowhead. On the General Tab, click 'Set Launch Options' put: -mod=@dayz in the box (optionally, you can add -nosplash)

When you click play, be sure to click the bottom option 'Combined Operations"

L

Thanks, but in running the non - steam version.

Here' date=' I put some screenshots in.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2393&pid=25471#pid25471

[/quote']

thanks for the pics, i noticed my arma2oa is not a exe file, Ex: your said ArmA 2 OA.EXE myn says arma2oa, is that a problem i downloaded the game off sprocket (which was a huge mistake).

may that cause a problem?