Placed Tent on server - today no server?

Hey guys,

I placed a tent on one of the US servers last night.

Today the server is gone. Not listed. Is that my tent lost?

Any ideas?

Also is there any way to favourite a server besides using the filter for it? I can't make it display IP's or anything.

Edit: I chose one of the "Dayz - US" servers. It's not like I pitched a tent on some local jackass's server.

its most likely restarting, wait 15-20mins and it should be back. Also, there are over 100 US servers, US servers just mean they are located in the US, and can still be run by total moron who never update their shit in time.

Ah, okay. Thanks for that.

And I am aware that it's not that secure, hence why my and my friend took everything we could out of it before we logged.

Do you have any ideas how to find a good server to place a tent on?

Or also about favouriting?

Use the filter, try to find server who ALWAYS update to the latest arma 2 beta patch. These patches are almost daily, so if a server updated their stuff daily, it means its well maintained.

Clan server tend to be better than others.

If a server display a version and when you try to enter it you get errors or it tell you its the wrong version, never go back to that server, it means its badly maintained and mostly automated updating that doesn't work half the time.

Filter with the latest beta patch, and find some server with your prefered settings on it, then play on it some, and if you have a good experience, pitch your tent.

Thanks!

I don't know how to filter to version or even what the current version is, sadly. 1.7.1.5?

Leave six updater alone if you are using that, just use it to download the latest version.

If you dont have the latest beta patch, get it and install it.

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Use 1.4 arma 2 launcher if you are having any difficulting launching with the beta patch enabled. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8241

When in arma, clic on multiplayer, then filter at the bottom, then type whatever you feel like in the host name, either texas or 94364(latest beta patch) then read their names and choose what float your boat.

Yeah, SixUpdater works for me.

And I know the filter thing, it just seems to be a bit dodgy. I wish I could find a decent server for my tent :D

Thank you very much for your help.

Still no dice on the server. How common is it for the servers to just dissapear? I've cleared my filters and looked on the sixlauncher list too, and it just isn't there.

I did that on a Perth australia server that was up for a few weeks. FOr the last two weeks or so it has not been up so I assume it's not coming back:(