Sign in to follow this  
Butcher (DayZ)

DE 65, 76, 77, locked servers with people on them.

I'm not sure how long you have to do any testing on servers for to make sure they are stable, but at least Jens (Now there are clones) and Robert have been on these servers while locked for at least the past 10-12 hours or so. Maybe I'm wrong, and there's plenty of legit stuff to be doing? I don't know. I also don't know what exactly waiting for BE update means so someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: Forgot screenshot.

http://imageshack.us/a/img69/1580/testingou.jpg

Hello Butcher,

I switched the servers off yesterday because it was being dDoSed by Russians and then subsequently left it in a password protected state when that blew off to prevent it from getting nuked like several servers due to BE being bypassed. I switched the server off (as in shutdown) sometime around yesterday evening, UTC.

I used the time I then had to do a clean reinstall of both ARMA and Arrowhead after I restarted the server this morning. The OS hasn't been booted for 10-12 hours and ARMA hasn't been installed for seven or so. So 10-12 hours is simply untrue.

We were then on DE65, intermittently, from ~ 0858 UTC to ~ 1126 UTC this morning (start time of the ARMA2OA server according to the log file and time of final disconnect).

I had talked to R4Z0R49 of the server admin team because we wanted to analyze script logs and wireshark logs of the connections in order to see if we could use wireshark to better detect anomalies in BE Client-Server communication or client-side script execution and provide more information to BattlEye and BIS.

For the most part, while on the server, we simply ran around. We did not steal vehicles and deliberately kept changes to a minimum.

As for the Clones, I used my other copy of ARMA (which donates the CD key to the servers) to have multiple clients connected.

I am sorry this caused confusion.

Thank you for the reply. I apologize for even making this post after hearing that you've had to deal with a DDoS. A detailed explanation is more than I expected to hear to be honest. Whenever it does come back up, my friends and I will be making this our regular server. The UTC-12 actually fits really well with our play times.