Sign in to follow this  
Bruce of Wayne

Loot Respawn and Persistent Loot

Hi,

I have been looking around and could not find out whether or not persistent loot and loot respawn are in the game. I do not plan to play this game again until loot respawn comes along because no loot respawn takes out all reason to visit high risk high reward areas; the loot will be gone. Can anyone tell me if loot respawn and persistent storage are in stable?

On Stable, server names with 'PERSISTENCE: ON' will have loot respawn and persistence through server resets.  On experimental, all servers have respawn/persistence.

Be warned, though, that the system is still a work in process and a bit flawed.  Many towns are completely empty, then one day you will hit the jackpot with more loot than you can shake a stick at.

I'm pretty sure all servers have loot respawn, and then only the official ones have persistence.

In the current state of the loot respawn system however, persistence sorta fucks up the respawn mechanic.  It means that each restart won't have new loot, and that as long as a certain threshold of items persists in each "zone" then new loot won't spawn either.  The result is that if you say, swap out your jacket for one you find, then the threshold is still met and no new loot is going to respawn.

Items do despawn after 2 restarts I believe, so every other restart should have new loot I'd imagine but overall, the result is mainly a bunch of trash left behind no one wants, and a shortage of good loot.

Some people dig that as it makes scavenging more difficult, but for me personally until they get a few more of the kinks worked out it's not worth playing on persistent servers.  Aside from those respawn issues, and actually more of a problem, is they are unstable in general and often crash having tents and such reset.