DeepEuphoria

Am I doing something wrong?

Ok before anyone points out DayZ is an early access Alpha..... I know it is and I know it needs a huge amount of optimisation, drivers e.t.c... But with that aside, I want ask if anyone has any similar issues with DayZ only using a fraction of their PC resources, mainly GPU power. With DayZ running on a combo of high to very high, I'm only seeing 20-25% average usage on my GPU's, and only very occasionally hits 35-40% usage. I have looked at every thread about optimising it and tweaking this and that, but nothing seems to push the usage up.

Also I don't have V-Sync enable or anything to limit the FPS/usage, everything and I mean everything is set up to make DayZ use everything.

So this is not a rant, I just want to ask players that have high-end PC's, especially SLI or CrossFire what GPU usage you normally see.

Cheers

• Like 1

join the 2.6 million people saying the same thing.. in due time my friend, in due time

• Like 1

join the 2.6 million people saying the same thing.. in due time my friend, in due time

Yeah that's fair enough, I only asked because of all the DayZ FPS and SLI improvement guides show people at least getting 50-60% GPU usage. I've just been on for a few hours playing in Novo and was averaging 21% GPU usage :-\

It's all about the CPU in this game

I read on a few threads that ingame settings on Normal or Low use CPU but High or V-High use GPU, but I tried all different settings and nothing changed. Plus my CPU isn't being caned, it's a 3770k @ 4.9 and it averages 40% usage while in DayZ.

You get what  you get, i tried unparking my cores, tried lowering graphics settings, tried lowering view distance and scene complexity, still the same. Just gotta role with the punches. I get as low as 25 FPS in novo on a full server.

Here's what DayZ SA does to an Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge Quad-Core 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Desktop Processor and GIGABYTE GV-N65TOC-2GI GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready. I've got 16GB or RAM mind you. The CPU requirements of this unoptimized game are immense.

24cdqae.jpg

CPU bottleneck when in towns (due to geometry) is a problem and has been since arma 2 and probably earlier. 

Try lowering your view distance in your dayzprofilefile in my docs.

The only other setting to lower that will get you more FPS in towns object detail (scene complexity).

Try getting away from the large towns, you will notice that both FPS and GPU usage will rise.

Ok, thanks for your input everyone. As I said, I'm fully aware of the current state of DayZ and I certainly don't expect to be getting 200fps in Novo. My fps in most cases is ok, 100-150fps in the forests and fields and last night in Novo it was averaging 35fps with the occasional drops to 15-20fps for a couple of seconds as things rendered in. It's not great but it's definitely playable, I was more interested in the GPU usage people are seeing.

Cheers