Sign in to follow this  
cargoman

Not a KOS player but this time I had to

So I was looting a fire station last night and when I came down stairs and turned the corner there was another player crouched in the room doing nothing.  I waved..nothing. I crept by him and nothing....Once i got behind him he turned and looked at me.  Then I pulled out my fire Axe and hacked him to death.  I normally would not do this but the whole thing just gave me the chills cause he was wearing brown panty hose, a tank top and blue boxers with white stars on them.  Shortly after I left the building I saw another guy running through the town in some sort of green outfit that looked like it definitely did not need to be on a male.  I seemed to have walked into a town with a couple of cross dressers running around.

he was wearing brown panty hose, a tank top and blue boxers with white stars on them.

1. First - panty hose, tank tops, and boxers with starts? I don't think they exist.

tumblr_lih56y2uhQ1qd42rao1_500.gif

2. Was it a female toon or a male avatar?
  3. Way to discriminate against survivors not as fortunate with loot as you are. He was probably someone who just bought the game and was trying to deal with an inventory bug/quirk and you went and killed him! Murderer!

... did you loot the boxers with the stars?

Sounds like it was a duped character.  When a character is duped they will turn and look at you when you get close.  Might be why it was naked.

KOS is certainly frowned upon but it does have its place.  I think there are certain areas (namely air fields) where KOS is to be expected 100% of the time.  In areas like this there is a lot of foot traffic because of the high-end loot, and nerves are on edge.  No one has time to stop and "talk it out" in areas like this.  There are far too many people around.  

I usually avoid points of interest like air fields and fire stations.  If I do enter them, its for a very specific purpose and I know that there is a good chance of an encounter that could end badly.  If I make it out, I consider myself lucky.  If I die, I know its my own fault.

In sum, you did nothing wrong.  

Also im pretty sure this doesn't count as kos. Kos is kill on sight. No attempt at communications, no running up to them and talking ,waving, wiggling etc, just see and shoot/run up and melee etc... so basicslly, dont feel bad about it :)