Grey123

The Bus Chronicles

So it's been about a week of playing together now, and my friends and I have established somewhat of a home base. We go down to the major cities for supplies every once in a while and scavenge, mostly keeping to ourselves.

Tonight, it was just me and one other buddy. We decided to be a bit more adventurous than usual and head a bit further north to Stary. I grabbed my trusty CZ and he his M16 and we started following the power lines. Much to our surprise, we found a downed heli along the way, with an M14, M107, and an FAL, but only ammo for the M14. I grabbed the M14 and we carried on our merry way.

Approaching the outskirts of Stary, I noticed a large blue object on the road. After squinting a bit, I yelled to my friend, "You won't believe this, I found a bus!" This was big news, as we had been looking for a vehicle for a while now. We giggled like little school girls when the engine revved up and it had just a teeny bit of gas left. We decided to leave the bus for the moment and take it with us on the return trip.

We crawled all the way around the hill overlooking the military tents and surveyed the area for a good five minutes before deciding that I would watch over my buddy with a sniper rifle while he looted the tents. Unfortunately, he got in a mess and I had to shoot a zombie off of him. This seems to have opened up the gates of Dante's Inferno itself, as dozens of infected spawned and sprinted at me. We quickly decided that the only choice was to run into the barn just south of the tents and hold the walkers off there. After five straight minutes of blasting away, their numbers were dwindling when suddenly, we heard a shot from outside and my buddy took a bullet. We got down and finished off the rest if the walkers. I gave my buddy a blood transfusion and we bolted out the back door and weaves through buildings, never looking back.

To our relief, the bus was still there, we drove it back, laughing all the way, within a mile of our camp. On the way back, we heard another guy shooting at us, but didn't think much of it. We finally ran out of gas just at the crashed heli, so we got out and ran to our camp to get jerry cans. To our horror, upon our return the bus was completely and hopelessly surrounded by walkers. Instead of trying to sneak around them, we decided that I would fire off a few shots and be bait while my buddy filled up the bus. Everything was going smoothly until my buddy choked out , "the fuel tank is broken, none of the gas is staying in!" 50 or so dead infected later, we were exhausted.

Unfortunately, just as we had finished them off, another player came by and shot my buddy in the back. I took cover in the trees on the hill above us and waited for the guy to come out from behind the bus, swearing I would avenge my buddy. Sadly, he never came out. Upon seeing me, the guy had disconnected.

So now after all this way, I'm waiting for our other friend to get in in the morning and help find parts to repair our bus and bring her home. It might not seem all that amazing, but this was one hell of an adventure for my buddy and I. I love this mod.

minus the part about the coward disconnecting, awesome story