Sign in to follow this  
Nogaxeh

ANZ2

Here something funny happened to me today at around 5p.m AEST (+10 GMT)..

I was stuck on the island on the southeast for the last few days, logged onto ANZ2 today, and low and behold I discovered 3 other people there, so instead of engaging them, I looked for their boat and escaped.

I managed to make it back to the mainland, but just as a got there, the server restarted, putting me out in the ocean.

Bad form ANZ2. Bad fucking form.

Wasn't my boat.. was theirs.. Nice that the er.. the server host is it? Doesn't give a fuck about possible admin exploitation on your servers...

Hope you and your buddies have a nice swim back from the island!

I don't give a fuck because people like you make shit up just because the server restarted at an inconvenient time.

I assume you are quite young, as you still seem to think the world revolves around you. Maybe in a few years you will learn otherwise :)

More than likely they checked the logs and found it was a legit server restart and not an admin.

I didn't even bother checking the logs, I know it was a legit server restart because that is the ONLY kind of server restart.

I don't give a fuck because people like you make shit up just because the server restarted at an inconvenient time.

[attachment=1605]

Hahaha.. you think I really give a fuck about the boat?

Or anything else I had for that matter..?

It just seemed a rather convenient time to restart the server.. and just so you know, there was another restart not long after that again.. 2 server restarts (or connection losses, or whatever the fuck they were) in the space of an hour?

And, really... are people really making this shit up all the time? Then it's possibly a good idea to check your logs... just.. in.. case..

So, here I am.. giving a heads up about possible admin abuse.. and you decide you couldn't give a fuck (fair enough)... but you choose to be a dick about it? Seriously?

I'm not going to question your age.. nope.. no need for me to do that at all.. you seem to be digging your own hole there..

And, hey, if it was a legit server restart, then fine, fair enough.. my bad luck I guess..

Perhaps I was a bit harsh, but there are so many threads in this forum about this kind of thing it really annoys me (this is the first for ANZ1-4 btw).

The first restart was done by one of our admins because something was playing up, the second one was automatic, I found out today that a system I setup to warn players about the impending restart didn't actually work.... Needless to say it will be fixed shortly.

Yeah, well... better to spend a few minutes investigating false claims, and finding out things are legit than to ignore it and discover later that your admins have been ruining the game experience for everyone else.

Thanks for checking it out.

Actually I have full trust in our admins, so I don't bother checking them out. I already waste enough time managing the servers, I don't want to waste more doing things I know the outcome of.

You didn't exactly get yourself off to a good start, never asked you to pucker up and kiss my arse either.. Just noted a rather odd coincidence which turned out to be badluck..

Wait.. what was it you said?

"I didn't even bother checking the logs' date=' I know it was a legit server restart because that is the ONLY kind of server restart."

"The first restart was done by one of our admins because something was playing up, the second one was automatic"

[/quote']

Well.. I guess technically you are correct.. I suppose they were two back to back "legit" server restarts.. but you know.. with all the bullshit floating around about Server Admins doing dodgy shit, what makes you think I'm automatically going to give you the benefit of the doubt straight up?

Here... let me iterate a new first reply to my original post for you.. one more PR friendly, (because your servers rely on public donations and all)..

---"That just could not of happened, I trust my admins to the bone, and at that time we had a couple of server restarts to fix an issue with a new warning system we were trying to implement (because, you know, you did a quick check of the logs), this is also the first time we have had an issue/complaint against us. A bit of bad luck is bound to happen in Alpha."---

Much quicker than the flames you kept trying to engage ( I understand, everyone on the internet is 12 years old, and has the intellect of a frozen pea, must get annoying yeah?), and you didn't have to waste so much of your precious time coming back here to respond to every little thing.

**TL;DR** For a 1st time incident, you really did get worked up about it.. level up your PR skills a bit more, take a holiday, or have a drink or something... oh yeah, and stop making character assumptions about people whom you tend to disagree with.. Even if you know for a fact they were wrong.. they can't read your fucking mind.. nor do they give a fuck who you are..

Keep up the good work managing those servers though! Good to know someone so dedicated is all over keeping the Aussies in the game!