WayTooFrosty

Shorter Day and Night Cycle

First off, I apologise if this has already been a suggestion.

I think that DayZ should have a shorter day and night cycle. For example day could be 4 hours and night could be another 4 hours forcing people to scavenge for a light source or build a camp fire as night passes, perhaps camping out, up in the forest with tents and a camp fire, cooking meat under the stars with your friends or huddled by yourself, jumping at every noise. This would stop people just scrolling down the server list for a day time server to play on. If a stamina system is added people will decide to perhaps rest up for the night and get moving the following day.

Oops didn't know, must've been going on the wrong servers, cheers

Well, I wasn't 100% either so I googled it :P

But I knew that there is a "time multiplier" when going on server details, so I assumed it's for that purpose. To be honest, yet I haven't seen a server which switches day and night very quickly.

Well, I wasn't 100% either so I googled it :P

But I knew that there is a "time multiplier" when going on server details, so I assumed it's for that purpose. To be honest, yet I haven't seen a server which switches day and night very quickly.

Yeah, this is bizarre to me. it seems there is functionality for having faster day/night but I never see it. I seems like it would be such an improvement, especially when we have working climate effects such as cold and hot.